Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Now And Then  (Read 16773 times)

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
Re: Now And Then
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 04:05:36 PM »

Quote from: 686
sebastian, sweden.
I'm not you, I'm Sebastian, from Spain, heheheh. What a surprise to find one member with my name here!. Well, it's yours too, obviosly, heheheh.

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Sebastian

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 11:36:30 PM »

Quote from: 564
I'm not you, I'm Sebastian, from Spain, heheheh. What a surprise to find one member with my name here!. Well, it's yours too, obviosly, heheheh.

i stole it from you. buggers!  :K)

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 01:59:38 PM »

Is this the song as far as The Threetles made it?

tz5i2gjyxmM

BlueMeanie

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »

The vocal sounds terrible. Personally I think it just proves one thing, that Jeff Lynne was never the best person to produce The Beatles.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »

Whether or not the demo ever reaches final phase of completion, the Fab legacy is intact. Granted, it would be nice to have a "final" final Lennon/McCartney piece, but if the song sounded tinny or "thin", it wouldnt be worth the effort. I for one would hate to end this historic collaboration on a flawed note. I've heard the demo--there are some beautiful moments there--but unless technology advances a bit further, a better digital enhancement of John's voice is sorely needed for salvaging this gem. Too bad John laid his vocals down on (by today's standards)home-made, poor -quality analog. Perhaps if Paul could get permission to record it himself...but then on second thought, that wouldnt do (*shrugs*)--I figure the whole thrill for Macca would be to do it with his old best mate (albeit posthumously). If they can find a way to fix the technical shortcomings, it would absolutely marvelous to hear Paul sing with John again... :'(

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

Quote from: 483
The vocal sounds terrible. Personally I think it just proves one thing, that Jeff Lynne was never the best person to produce The Beatles.

I tend to agree w/ this..although I'm a MAJOR Lynne fan (in a separate sense), being addicted to ELO in the 70's and 80's (and even his earlier work w/ Roy Wood and Wizzard)

I never thought I'd miss Phil Spector....but...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »

Quote from: 829

I tend to agree w/ this..although I'm a MAJOR Lynne fan (in a separate sense), being addicted to ELO in the 70's and 80's (and even his earlier work w/ Roy Wood and Wizzard)

Didn't know he produced Wizzard.

It's a shame about the quality of the vocal. And a bit of a surprise. I've just been listening to the Strawberry Fields demo's recorded at Kenwood, and the quality of the vocal recording is mostly far superior.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »

What a beautiful song! I'm sorry it's such a bad recording. It does sound unsalvagable for a commercial release.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »

For the first time in many moons I'm impressed by a Lennon song. It sounds very contempory, far better than anything on Double Fantasy.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »

I would like to hear it reworked with a different producer. But then, I suppose that Lynne's 'big sound' masks the poor quality of the original tape.

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »

Didn't know he produced Wizzard.

It's a shame about the quality of the vocal. And a bit of a surprise. I've just been listening to the Strawberry Fields demo's recorded at Kenwood, and the quality of the vocal recording is mostly far superior.

sorry, I wasnt clear on that point--I meant Jeff Lynne's older association w/ Roy Wood, not producing.

and as far as SFF demo...of course it sounds better

I think some of those final demos of John's sounded like they were recorded up in the Dakota's bathroom  w/ some cheap Phillips tape recorder propped up on the sink--a far cry from Kenwood, or for THAT matter, the "cavern"ous (sorry for pun),Abbey Road.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »

Yoko probably locked him in!!

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »

Yoko probably locked him in!!

:o ;D

(and John screaming "Aisumasen! Aisumasen! (sp?) let me out! My bread is burning in the oven!!")

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »

*reads the above with awe*

I feel as if I was there.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:10 PM »

it sounds very ELO!! great song though but John's voice sound's more
like Julian Lennon's.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 02:06:19 PM »

I think this is an amazing song...the demo sounds a little unfinished,but i heard macca was gonna do something with this song.
Wouldnt it be great if he released it along with the launch of all the beatles albums on i-tunes.
We live in hope eh?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 01:25:11 AM »

I can't wait for the real thing
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »

Bobber

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:10 PM »

I'd go with this idea:
The Abbeyrd's Beatles News Page described it this way: While this sounds very professionally produced, we don't think this is anything more than a clever, but unauthorized, mash, thanks to the overuse of echo and the audio from Beatle songs woven through it. A mash, but a well-done one, at that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.426 seconds with 84 queries.