Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour Walkabout  (Read 1249 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Magical Mystery Tour Walkabout
« on: January 12, 2023, 11:57:27 PM »

Two fine videos by Tudor Smith...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7QrlMCNVTA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7QrlMCNVTA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYhaUBo7vGM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYhaUBo7vGM</a>

Good Morning, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.  Welcome to the Magical Mystery Tour.  I am your courier, Jolly Jimmy Johnson.  All my friends call me Jolly Jimmy.  And you are all my friends.  Over here is your hostess,
that lovely, delightful, delectable, Wendy Winters.  And over here is our driver for the trip, that wonderful driver, we hope… Alf!  Off you go, Alf.  Fasten your seat belts please.  Away, way, way we go!
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Magical Mystery Tour Walkabout
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 09:32:51 AM »

Thanks for these links. These videos are very interesting.

Some very good investigative work by Tudor Smith. For example he shows how the courier's presentation (shown in your photo) was not filmed at the beginning of the tour in London but a couple of days

later in a town called Bodmin in the West Country. He pays great attention to the background buildings to prove his point.

Tudor's videos on London are good too. I stayed in a hotel there a few years ago without knowing that the Beatles had also stayed there at the begiining of their time in London. Thanks to Tudor I recognised

the hotel.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:34:54 AM by zipp »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 11:52:35 PM »

You're welcome, zipp.  Tudor Smith also did walkabouts for Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane.  I'll start a new thread for them.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 02:34:13 AM »

Slightly off topic, but this thread reminded me of when I first watch the Magical Mystery Tour. From memory, in one of the scenes with the magicians, Paul keeps asking what time the bus leaves (or arrives?). And I think at some point someone gives him the time. Being a Beatles fan, I took that time (when the bus was leaving) and made it into the PIN of my credit card (thinking I will never forget it). Naturally, I forgot it the next day. So I sent a message to my sister "What time did Paul say the bus was leaving?" As it was out of context, she first had to ascertain who is Paul and then try to remind herself of that particular scene. As a result she couldn't remember and I got locked out of my credit card!

Still makes me laugh after all these years. But I have learnt my lesson, always create meaningful and easy to remember PINs!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 03:20:58 AM »

Your credit card PIN was 1315

Magician Paul only said "The bus is ten miles north on the Dewsbury Road.  And they’re having a lovely time!"

It was Wendy Winters who announced...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please?  Our estimated time of arrival for luncheon is approximately one fifteen.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 09:20:35 AM »

Slightly off topic, but this thread reminded me of when I first watch the Magical Mystery Tour. From memory, in one of the scenes with the magicians, Paul keeps asking what time the bus leaves (or arrives?). And I think at some point someone gives him the time. Being a Beatles fan, I took that time (when the bus was leaving) and made it into the PIN of my credit card (thinking I will never forget it). Naturally, I forgot it the next day. So I sent a message to my sister "What time did Paul say the bus was leaving?" As it was out of context, she first had to ascertain who is Paul and then try to remind herself of that particular scene. As a result she couldn't remember and I got locked out of my credit card

That's a great story.

Nowadays you could put the film on your phone.

I can imagine you standing at the bank machine watching MMT until you find your PIN.

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 49 queries.