Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Went and saw Macca....  (Read 12573 times)

KelMar

Re: Went and saw Macca....
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 02:38:44 AM »

Quote from: chimac
For people who worry that McCartney can't do it much longer, I offer Tony Bennett.
Then I'll still continue to hold out some hope of adding my name to the list of those lucky enough to see Paul! Welcome to the forums chimac.  :)

chimac

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »

In My Life--

The Wrigley Fields shows were my first concerts ever in an outdoor stadium.  I expected horrible acoustics through crappy PA speakers.  I believe all sound was projected from the main stage, and the sound was fine.  I could make out every word he said in between songs.

If baseball stadiums are the only venue choice from here on out, I strongly suggest you take the opportunity and snap up the cheapest upper deck ticket.  The first night's show we had 2nd deck seats, with a pretty straight-on view.  They were about $200/apiece.  The 2nd night's show, I had upper deck nosebleeds, almost off to the side of the stage.  Paid less than $50/per for those.  Guess which night was more enjoyable?  The cheapies, by a landslide.

For one, you have a completely unobstructed view (where I was, the 2nd deck, you get a bit of the upper deck overhang...so if you stand, part of the screens are cut off).  The stage didn't seem any further away, and the acoustics were actually better the 2nd night.  Again, probably due to no obstructions between the stage and my eyes/ears.  My suggestion:  go cheap!  Especially if you are bringing multiple family members/friends.  No need to break yourself in order to see Macca.  I vastly prefer the acoustics of an enclosed arena, like the NBA venues he did his previous couple of tours.  But, I felt this show was his best show overall.

KelMar

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 05:02:33 AM »

Quote from: chimac
My suggestion:  go cheap!  Especially if you are bringing multiple family members/friends.  No need to break yourself in order to see Macca.

Thanks for the advice chimac. Hopefully someday I'll get to use it!

Lennon93

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »

I hope i will see him someday. I often think about it, and how unreal that would be, like it's Paul McCartney!!!

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 06:03:53 PM »

I just saw Paul in Paris. It's the European part of the On The Run tour. I agree that it's an unbelievable experience for a Beatle fan but also for anyone who has half decent taste in music. Paul plays a lot of his classics but puts in a few surprises. For us he played Michelle (he always does that in France), San Francisco Bay Blues and The Word.

If and when he comes around again I'll be there in a flash and try and take a few people with me...

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:10 PM »

Oh, I hope I'll get to see him live someday too. You're all so lucky who've seen him! It must be an absolutely mind-blowing experience! Atleast I've seen Ringo, that's not too shabby!  ha2ha
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Elli

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »

Can't wait next Monday, cos I'm going to see Paul then in Helsinki! That's my first time I get to see him and my second time I see I Beatle. I've seen Ringo a couple of years ago. :)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »

Elli, have a good time! I was on Paul's concert in Moscow in 2003 and he'll be here again on the 14th of December. I don't know if I go, because of high prices due to profiteers.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »

i went to see paul at the o2 arena in london last night.20 rows from the stage.and listen to this,people......10 feet away from me on my right was nancy shevell,ronnie wood (and young lady)and model kate moss (with fella).then a few rows behind them was.....stella mccartney (with husband and kiddies)and mary mccartney(with husband and kiddies).nancy sang and danced all night,as did pauls' two daughters.it was just brilliant!!paul and the band were on tip-top form as usual.i've seen paul before,but last night was special,being close to his family was unreal.i found myself looking at them more than paul though!!i got a thumbs-up from ronnie wood.i called out "alright ron?" when he caught my gaze and he responded in kind.yeah,i was that close!!!
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 01:29:02 AM »

i went to see paul at the o2 arena in london last night.20 rows from the stage.and listen to this,people......10 feet away from me on my right was nancy shevell,ronnie wood (and young lady)and model kate moss (with fella).then a few rows behind them was.....stella mccartney (with husband and kiddies)and mary mccartney(with husband and kiddies).nancy sang and danced all night,as did pauls' two daughters.it was just brilliant!!paul and the band were on tip-top form as usual.i've seen paul before,but last night was special,being close to his family was unreal.i found myself looking at them more than paul though!!i got a thumbs-up from ronnie wood.i called out "alright ron?" when he caught my gaze and he responded in kind.yeah,i was that close!!!

Incredible. I wouldnt have been able to watch the show either. I would have had to watch them. Awesome stuff GO. Glad you had a great time.

KelMar

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:51 AM »

That is so cool glass onion!

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

a good bit during 'maybe i'm amazed' was that the old pics of paul come up on the big screen,and it shows the ones with baby mary inside his coat (from the 'mccartney' sleeve),and stellas' children were all turned pointing at mary and laughing their heads off!!i thought that was lovely.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

So Nancy seems to be well accepted by the McCartneys. When I saw him in Paris I thought maybe Macca would make some reference to his recent marriage but not at all. His show seems to be in a time capsule with 'safe'  videos of the Beatles and Linda.

Elli

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 07:52:24 AM »

Today is  THE day  :o ;D 8) :o :D ;D

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »

Today is  THE day  :o ;D 8) :o :D ;D
enjoy the day elli!!i know you'll enjoy it so much.

Elli

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »

^ I so will! And am enjoying the day already, listening to music by Paul  :D

Rooftopconcert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

Hi guys ! Attended my sixth Macca concert last Monday evening at the O2 arena. We sat three seats from Stella and her children  (in the same row !!) , Mary was in the row behind and we also spotted Nancy and James. We had the best seats ever, at eye level with Paul and the guys, we could even feel the heat from the visual effects during "Live and let die" !!. This was the concert of our lives and have taken a lot of photos to remember it by . Must mention we stood outside Paul,s house earlier in the day for three hours in the freezing cold hoping to meet him , we didn,t ,  but not disappointed as we met some other fans and chatted with them exchanging our "Beatle" stories and experiences and took a few pictures of the house when visiters passed through the gates,mainly workmen, as I think Paul was having some decorating done whilst he was out !  I,m a newbie on this forum but I was known on another site by the user name of "In my life" but as one our fellow Beatle 'eads goes by the same I have chosen to give a nod to the most famous "concert" in pop history !
NEC Birmingham 1990     London O2 2011
NIA Birmingham 2003     Royal Abert Hall 2012
Anfield Liverpool 2008    Ringo Symphony Hall 2011 Birmingham
London O2 2009
Millenium Stadium 2010

KelMar

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 04:06:01 AM »

I,m a newbie on this forum but I was known on another site by the user name of "In my life" but as one our fellow Beatle 'eads goes by the same I have chosen to give a nod to the most famous "concert" in pop history !

So you're the one who has my name over there! It's a pretty darned good name isn't it?  ;) Welcome to this forum. I think your new name here is a good one too. I hope you'll get a chance to share some of your pictures from the concert. It sounds exciting!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 04:09:06 AM »

Hi guys ! Attended my sixth Macca concert last Monday evening at the O2 arena. We sat three seats from Stella and her children  (in the same row !!) , Mary was in the row behind and we also spotted Nancy and James. We had the best seats ever, at eye level with Paul and the guys, we could even feel the heat from the visual effects during "Live and let die" !!. This was the concert of our lives and have taken a lot of photos to remember it by . Must mention we stood outside Paul,s house earlier in the day for three hours in the freezing cold hoping to meet him , we didn,t ,  but not disappointed as we met some other fans and chatted with them exchanging our "Beatle" stories and experiences and took a few pictures of the house when visiters passed through the gates,mainly workmen, as I think Paul was having some decorating done whilst he was out !  I,m a newbie on this forum but I was known on another site by the user name of "In my life" but as one our fellow Beatle 'eads goes by the same I have chosen to give a nod to the most famous "concert" in pop history !

You're from the Beatle Forum aren't you?

Elli

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 08:09:29 AM »

Wow. It was amazing! This was the first time I saw Paul and definitely the best concert I've ever seen!  ;yes

I went there with my mum (yes, she's great and we've seen for example Ringo, the Beach Boys and Tom Jones together  :D ) and left the kids at home with hubby (everything had gone well at home too, I don't go out often). It was lovely to wait for the concert to begin, I couldn't believe what was going to happen. I've always dreamed I could see Paul live and yesterday it finally happened. So this was a real once in a lifetime experience for me.  :)

The first song was Hello, Goodbye (not a surprise though) and I just thought "It's Paul, it's really him!", I felt like a teenager  ;D I loved everything in the concert, the band was fantastic, they really seemed to have fun and still they were professionals! I loved the jokes and stories Paul told and it was funny, lovely, cute and great that he'd learnt to say some things in Finnish.  ;yes ha2ha He told interesting and funny stories about Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton and and dedicated songs for John Lennon and George Harrison. I cried when he sang Here Today. Paul didn't seem 69 years old at all, it was amazing how he could keep going on and singing and rocking and didn't seem to be tired at all! (I am tired today though cos the kids woke me up early :P) The concert was sold out and the atmosphere was fantastic.

It's hard and impossible to describe all the feelings and everything, Paul was just so amazing and the evening was perfect!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:11:34 AM by Elli »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.542 seconds with 82 queries.