Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ozzy meets Paul  (Read 3075 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
Ozzy meets Paul
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »

I´ve known for some time and I´m sure must of you know too that Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan.

I stumbled on this video on youtube where Ozzy meets his idol for the first time:

Paul McCartney Meets Ozzy Osbourne: AWKWARD!!

One of the commenters says:
Interesting meeting, not sure why Paul was acting that way though. It was a very rushed meeting...like they were both uncomfortable being there. Ozzy was ecstatic to meet his life long idol and I get the feeling that he sensed Paul's 'awkwardness' and Ozzy felt like he had to leave asap...Ozzy seemed a little disappointed by Paul's reaction. I know how he feels, I've been in that situation with someone I admired and upon meeting them, they were acting the same way. It's sad really :(

The uploader of the video replies:
Also...after Paul turned his back on Ozzy.....Ozzy felt like he had to leave because he was'nt getting any love back from Paul. That's why Paul invited him for a Picture because he Knew Ozzy was'nt feeling comfortable after Paul turned his back on him! Can you imagine how many Rock and Roll Stars told Paul that he's their Idol in the last 40 years!? It probley feels real uncomfortable for him to hear that coming from a fellow Rock Idol like Ozzy.

What is your take on this after watching the video?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:53:11 PM by Brynjar »
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Ozzy meets Paul
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »

Is that from the Howard Stern show (I cant play vidoes on this work PC or it shuts down)? If so, I saw that when it happened. Ozzy was starstruck and waited for Paul I believe. Paul was just trying to get out of there if I remember correctly as he had somewhere else he had to be. It did come off as awkward, but he was in a hurry.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:09:26 AM »

i miss this on God bless Ozzy Documentary 

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »

I don't think it was overly awkward at all

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:35:18 AM »

Yea, I don't see much of that either. Maybe a tiny bit, inasmuch as Paul was on his way out and Ozzy was obviously starstruck. Just my take on it.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »

Is everyone seeing the black and white version? If so a chunk of the meeting has been cut out. Go to YouTube and look for the colour  (from a different camera) and longer version. (I can't do a link from this tablet).
I don't think it's awkward at all - or at least no more awkward than two strangers anywhere meeting for he first time while being filmed.
don't follow leaders

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 54 queries.