Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lester Chambers: '60s Musician Gets Support From Yoko Ono Over  (Read 748 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Spinner
March 8, 2012
Lester Chambers: '60s Musician Gets Support From Yoko Ono Over

There are too many stories of musicians signing rights away to songs and future royalties, and now a member of '60s group the Chambers Brothers -- best known for their classic 'Time Has Come Today' -- is taking his plight to the masses via YouTube and Facebook, attracting the support of Yoko Ono.

http://www.spinner.com/2012/03/08/lester-chambers-royalties/

Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Lester Chambers: '60s Musician Gets Support From Yoko Ono Over
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »

This story gets me. I was a real fan of this band. I had the privilege of seeing them up close and personal just before 'Time Has Come Today' hit the charts when they played in - of all things - a church basement in my little home town. They were incredibly talented.

This kind of thing is awful. Artists should get their due. Courts seem to look after the 'rights' of record companies and talent management but far too often the artists themselves get screwed.

There ought to be a law.

>:(

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

Re: Lester Chambers: '60s Musician Gets Support From Yoko Ono Over
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »

This story gets me. I was a real fan of this band. I had the privilege of seeing them up close and personal just before 'Time Has Come Today' hit the charts when they played in - of all things - a church basement in my little home town. They were incredibly talented.

That's really neat! Yeah, the ins and outs of the recording business have always puzzled me and seemed unfair a lot of the time.

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 43 queries.