Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Winter Rose  (Read 1763 times)

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
Winter Rose
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »

If this is not the single most beautiful ballad in McCartney's catalogue, I don't know what is. Such a brilliant and heartbreaking song, it almost brings me to tears every time I hear it. At only about 2 minutes along, with Paul's voice sounding softer and more touching than ever and with that cute piano being played in the background, this may be one of the best things he has ever done in my book.

Wait for the first snowflakes to fall, grab a cup of tea, play this song, then go to the window and watch.

Winter Rose - Love Awake / Wings

Any other thoughts on the song?
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: Winter Rose
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »

Any other thoughts on the song?

It's a pretty song or pair of songs. I like Paul's voice in the "Love Awake" part best.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »

Not one of my favorites. The 'Winter Rose' part is the better portion, but I actually find his voice hoarse during the song and it detracts for me. The 'Love Awake' part is so vanilla and average that i've forgotten about it before i've finished typing this. Both are just alright to me, but nothing special.

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »

I personally really love this song.I've liked it ever since the first time I heard it and I like how the Winter Rose part and the Love Awake parts each sound different and when you add both of them to make the whole it's great.I think the Winter Rose part is good but I prefer Love Awake because of the way it sounds and the lyrics.I love the part at the end when he says "Snow falls in the winter,spring brings the rain,but it's never too long before the summer comes again,it always comes again".I was actually thinking about making a post about this song for a while now and I'm happy you like it as much as I do.

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 45 queries.