Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "Help" - Prophetic?  (Read 3291 times)

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
"Help" - Prophetic?
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:13:27 AM »

I'm sure someone else has noticed this, but I haven't seen any posts.

Aren't there several lines/scenes from "Help" that gave us a clue as to the Beatles' future?

"Filthy Eastern ways" - Wasn't Yoko accused of that?
"I don't want to knock anybody's religion, but..." - Maybe they WERE bigger than Jesus.
"Are you sure it's not habit forming?" - Wasn't Paul the one who had concerns about taking acid?
"Only me and Paul know we're here." - Once again, George and Ringo being left out of the loop.
"We have all sorts of little problems like this, sir. Some of them matrimonial!" - Said to John, just a few years before his divorce.
"It's a different religion from ours... I think." - Ringo, thinking silently during a Maharishi lecture.
"You're a rat underneath, aren't you?" - Paul, to Ringo, in the film. Also Paul, to Ringo, during the legal feud.

Then there's the scene at the airport (before the Bahama scenes) where the Beatles are in disguise. Just a few years later, those wouldn't be disguises, would they?

And of course the scene that always gets a standing ovation at Beatlesfest, when Foot points the gun at John and it misfires. If only...
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: "Help" - Prophetic?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:10:16 AM »

I'm pretty sure you can take a random film and take lines that may be prophetic to anyone's future.
By the way, it's not 'bigger than Jesus', but 'more popular than Jesus', which is a difference.

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can take a random film and take lines that may be prophetic to anyone's future.
By the way, it's not 'bigger than Jesus', but 'more popular than Jesus', which is a difference.

Yes, I stand semi-corrected on "bigger" - it was meant to reflect the various times John's "popular" was misquoted.

As for the rest of my post, I wasn't attempting to be serious. Just a little lightheartedness to point out the coincidences. Notice that I didn't make a reference to the sitar in the restaurant scene. Now THAT was NOT a coincidence.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »

Notice that I didn't make a reference to the sitar in the restaurant scene. Now THAT was NOT a coincidence.

Certainly not! But somehow I wish George had not taken notice of it.

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »

Certainly not! But somehow I wish George had not taken notice of it.

Could have been worse. He might have noticed the bagpipes from a later scene. ha2ha

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »

Could have been worse. He might have noticed the bagpipes from a later scene. ha2ha

Unfortunately, Paul picked that up and wrote Mull Of Kintyre later on. ha2ha

Page created in 0.495 seconds with 45 queries.