Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Ringo Starr and the All-Starr Band 2010 tour  (Read 20481 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: Ringo Starr and the All-Starr Band 2010 tour
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

^^ Already taken care of, Mystic Lake let us in before for a concert, so I'm good!! And thanks!! :) :)

Hooray!!!!! You're set to go. ;D Enjoy seeing a Beatle in real life for the first time. Ringo was my "first" too.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »

Oh okay, that's cool. I wonder why Ringo hasn't updated his site yet. (Randy, please don't get upset, but I am still not seeing OR in Emmi's link. :( *gets my bat ready* )

That is very sad. I don't know why he is being so annoying! He skipped right over me.  :'( Why?

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 04:59:17 AM »

That is very sad. I don't know why he is being so annoying! He skipped right over me.  :'( Why?

I dunno, I feel so bad...I know you really had your heart set on seeing him. My best guess for his "skipping" certain areas may be because of the poor economy. Still, though...he might change his mind. :(

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 05:21:47 AM »

I dunno, I feel so bad...I know you really had your heart set on seeing him. My best guess for his "skipping" certain areas may be because of the poor economy. Still, though...he might change his mind. :(

Well I hope he does change his mind, I mean there is still quite a lot of time yet. I just hope he does decide to come here. If not I could try to convince my friend to go with me to the Washington showings. I don't know if she'll go for it or not. I would even offer to buy her ticket! Yeah I'm that desperate.   :P

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 05:27:01 AM »

Well I hope he does change his mind, I mean there is still quite a lot of time yet. I just hope he does decide to come here. If not I could try to convince my friend to go with me to the Washington showings. I don't know if she'll go for it or not. I would even offer to buy her ticket! Yeah I'm that desperate.   :P

I understand that feeling of desperation (which basically led to my hauling ass to Coachella last year). Oh, the things we do for our favorite Beatles.

Tell your friend that WA is a GREAT, exciting, wonderful place to visit and that there's tons of non-Ringo stuff she can do too. Really sell it to her! (Not that I've ever been to the state, but stretch the truth and see what happens! ;) ha2ha ) Stay safe and it'll wind up being a super fun adventure.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 05:38:46 AM »

I understand that feeling of desperation (which basically led to my hauling ass to Coachella last year). Oh, the things we do for our favorite Beatles.

Tell your friend that WA is a GREAT, exciting, wonderful place to visit and that there's tons of non-Ringo stuff she can do too. Really sell it to her! (Not that I've ever been to the state, but stretch the truth and see what happens! ;) ha2ha ) Stay safe and it'll wind up being a super fun adventure.

Thanks for the ideas Penny! I'm going to really try that, I think that might actually work on her.  ;) ha2ha
She really does like the Beatles too, just not in obsessive amounts like me.  ;D I think she was more concerned about how much it would cost than anything. I told her it couldn't be that much. I'll try that out though. I hope it works. Or I hope he adds OR.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 05:46:32 AM »

I hope you're a much better convincer than I am. (My hubby refused to go to the HB Paul concert with me although I begged him to and offered to pay for his tix. Yes, he's insane. :P )

I understand about the cost issues, though. Can you guys drive into WA (instead of flying) and maybe stay at a decent motel for a night or two or something? (If you're looking for motels, the Vagabond Inn brand is not too bad.) Not sure how near the closest WA Ringo show is to you guys.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 05:53:15 AM »

I can be very convincing when I want to be. I'm pretty good at that.  ;) So I hope I can make it work. Your husband must have been crazy to not go with you, you even offered to pay and he still didn't go?  :o I would have gone in a heart beat.

Well I'm not too worried about the cost, I've been saving up!! I'm just more worried about the convincing part. We could drive there, I looked it up about a month ago when the first WA venue was posted. It would only take about 2 1/2 hours to drive there. I don't think that's too bad really. I haven't looked up the new venue yet, it might be closer even. At least I have time to think up a good convincing story.  :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 06:03:52 AM »

Yes, my husband is definitely nuts. One of his reasons for not going was that he didn't want to deal with the loud crowd at the Paul concert. *rolls eyes*

He went to Ringo's concert with me in 2008 and was really soured on the fact that people love to sing along (off-key and with the wrong words)... He loves the Beatles but I guess he's more into classical music concerts where people actually sit down and behave themselves...totally NOT the point of a rock concert, and he just knows that I will totally flip out when I see Paul on-stage... He is my best friend, but can you tell we're really different people? ha2ha

But yes, you must find a way to convince your friend. Driving 2.5 hours with a buddy isn't so bad. I did Coachella in three hours both ways (due to lame traffic), but your inner excitement will carry you through the long trip. Does your pal have a fave Beatle? Good for you on saving up ahead of time, BTW! Always a smart thing to do.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 06:16:32 AM »

They all sing along?  ha2ha That would be a little annoying after a while, I would want to correct them if they were singing the wrong words!!
You guys do seem quite different. Yeah but opposites attract, you have to remember that!  ;)

I don't think a 2.5 hour drive is that bad to see me husband. But I wouldn't tell her that.  ha2ha Her favorite Beatle is John. She doesn't know that much about them surprisingly. She didn't even know that George wrote "here comes the sun". I was very sad.  :P Both of my friends were like "really?" I was pretty worried about them.

I know I would be so happy if I got to see him I wouldn't even care if it took 5 hours to get there! I've always been a saver, I can never decide on what I want to spend my money on ever so I just save it all. My brother gets very jealous of me!  ha2ha

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 06:45:35 AM »

I think hardcore fans sing along no matter what. (When I saw Paul, I would not STFU pretty much the entire time, not sure how much everyone else hated me, LOL.) But for certain songs, I think Ringo will ask the crowd to join in, you see. I definitely sang along with Ringo, though!! But for me, I was so happy to see Ringo that I didn't care if people messed up the words or sang badly. And yeah, for me and the hubby, opposites really do attract. ;)

LOL, does Ringo know he's your husband? Barbara might have something to say about that! Over at the "You know you're a Beatles fan" thread, I was ranting about people not knowing correct facts about the Beatles...ahhhh, so annoying.

About saving...I'm okay with saving money, but certain things (cough concerts cough) are GREAT motivators. You said you've been wanting to travel so this is a good start!!

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 06:53:57 AM »

Yeah I think I would be singing along too!  ;D I would be like one of those crazy Beatle girls back in the hay day of it all!

Of course he knows.  ;) Barbara who?  ha2ha Yeah I read that, I feel your pain man. I hate when people say something about them and it's totally off, I feel like correcting them but sometimes I stop myself because it makes me look even more crazy. Everyone in my class knows I'm like obsessed with them so they all are use to it by now. But it still can be slightly annoying when they point it out everyday.  :P

I think I save money because I hate when it's gone. I feel like I'm giving a piece of my soul away when I pay for something. I know sad.  :P I just can't bring myself to spending it, unless it's for a good cause! I would love to spend it on a trip or a wonderful concert!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 07:06:16 AM »

Oh, if you were seeing Ringo, I know you'd be singing along for sure. I think I'm nearly as bad as the crazy girls in AHDN; I even wept when I saw Paulie. Now that's just plain sad. ha2ha

Err...if Ringo knew that he was your husband, why is he making you pay to attend his own concert? *gasp* (Kidding, don't hurt me!)

Yeah, I hate correcting people's Beatles mistakes...I feel ya on the point that it makes us look crazy. I had an ex-teacher who said that John was saying "I buried Paul" at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever, and I was like, "No, he's saying 'cranberry sauce'"...and I don't think he appreciated that. :P

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 07:12:42 AM »

You cried? Wow you are very dedicated Penny!  ;) ha2ha I had to do it for the Ringo burn you just gave me. I mean our relationship is complicated man! It would be way too hard for anyone else to understand.  ha2ha

Yeah the people in my class are pretty cool about it for the most part they just always say things like "Oh she's watching the Beatles again." So what if I have nothing better to do but watch Beatles Youtube videos? At least I don't play old war games like the classmate that sits next to me! Now she has issues!  ;D

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »

Dude, you're cruel...poking fun at me for crying over my secret lover. ha2ha ha2ha It ain't my fault your husband is too cheap to give you a free show. ha2ha (Please don't kill me, hahaha.) And I'll bet you'd cry over Ringo too. ;) Don't lie, you know you would!

Also, watching Beatles vids trumps playing war games.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 07:40:03 AM »

Oh gosh you're good at these comebacks!  ha2ha  But I don't know if I would actually cry, I know it's hard to believe but I'm not very emotional in that way I guess. I mean everyone always said they cried watching the notebook. Uh not me. I don't know why I'm like that I just don't cry easily.

Your comeback was so harsh though.  :P

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 07:46:42 AM »

Aww, I'm sorry. I'm only playing around...no harm intended at all. It's okay if you don't cry easily...some people are just not like that. Me, I'm terribly emotional.  :-[ :-[ Then again, I'd been wanting to see Paul in concert since I was 10 so that's why I was just overcome. Lame, I know.

And Ringo...he'll come to his senses eventually, with a real show in Oregon and VIP tix for you with champagne and strawberries and all. <---- Making up for my comebacks, I'm really not that mean! ;)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »

I know you were just kidding!  ;) I was just pointing out your skills in that area!  ha2ha

And no you're not lame, everyone has different emotions and reactions to things in their lives. Yours are just more emotional while mine are emotionless. Just kidding.   ha2ha

Yeah sure Penny that'll be the day! (John Wayne reference!  ;)) But seriously I don't think he'll be coming back here again. He probably doesn't like oregon. Has a grudge or something.  :-\

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:10 AM »

Haha, I like being a smart ass sometimes. ;) Thanks for not calling me lame, I still think it is lame to cry! But it's okay, I know I'm not the only one out there who does that.

Oh, VIP tix, I wish I could get those for either Paul or Ringo. I doubt Ringo has an Oregon grudge...like I said, it might be due more to the bad economy than anything else. The same might be for Paul as well (in addition to his daughter Beatrice's schedule), since he hasn't pulled off a huge American tour since '05. (He might prove me wrong this year, but I'm doubting that.)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 08:13:17 AM »

Well I don't think you're Lame, you're a very cool person!  :)

You never know Paul might surprise you Penny! I think he might just pull it off again, he seems like the type that would just shock everyone with his amazingness!  ;D And I really don't like the bad economy it ruins everything. Why Economy?!?  :P But you're going to see him and that's all that matters in the end, right?  ;)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.6 seconds with 75 queries.