Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Kids React To The Beatles  (Read 13959 times)

KelMar

Re: Kids React To The Beatles
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:39 PM »

Here is my recent  blog with a lot of great important information debunking this totally,inaccurate,stupid,ludicrous,ignorant  myth that The Beatles were ever a stupid,uncool,untalented boy band.

https://wordpress.com/posts/thebeatleswereneveraboybandtheywerealwaysagreatrocknrollpoprock.wordpress.com

I think this post alone would have sufficed, fanofthefab4. I think it's a good thing that you've started a blog and that pointing people in its direction would be the best way to get your information out to the world.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »

Kelley, if you look back to the post that precipitated this latest tirade, you'll see that Kathleen argued against the thought that The Beatles were a "boy band."

fanofthefab4, please read and fully comprehend what people are saying here before you lecture us.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »

Kelley, if you look back to the post that precipitated this latest tirade, you'll see that Kathleen argued against the thought that The Beatles were a "boy band."

Ah, I see now. Two years ago. I admit, I should have looked more carefully.

fanofthefab4, please read and fully comprehend what people are saying here before you lecture us.

I have to agree with my fellow moderator. Just because the term "boy band" comes up in a forum search don't automatically assume the "worst".

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2016, 11:07:08 PM »

In this very good recent article, Eight Days a Week Captures The Beatles Touring Years by Hector Saldana bassist and former San Antonio rodeo band musical director Joe Sarli saw saw The Beatles at The Houston Coliseum in 1965 and he says that he doesn't think people give them credit for how good they really were and how tight the vocals were,and he said Ringo was a heck of a drummer. He also saw The Rolling Stones live in 1964 and he said that The Rolling Stones were more of an R&B-blues band  but The Beatles were a da*n rock n roll band and they rocked out and he credits The Beatles 7 ( although it was actually eight ) hour sets playing in Hamburg for making them a machine.He then thankfully said anyone who says they're a boy band is full of, and it says expletive in parenthesis meaning sh*t and then said you tell me if we're going to know who Justin Bieber is in 50 years.

This article also says guitarist Steve Owens of  The Mo-Dels who saw all of the major rock acts of the 60's except The Beatles because they never came to San Antonio but he said he vividly recalls listening to their first vinyl bootlegs of their live concerts which came out in the 60's and his close friend had one. He says the bass was just killer,it was everywhere,just so Paul McCartney loud and predominant. He said  back in the day he saw a lot of concerts and that hardly anybody sounded like their records and that even as kid he was going wait a minute.He then says,The Beatles were gold nobody could touch them,they played it exactly right.

http://www.expressnews.com/entertainment/music-stage/article/Eight-Days-a-Week-captures-the-Beatles-9208023.php#photo-10886839
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:12:02 PM by fanofthefab4 »

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 11:08:53 PM »

I'm not ''ranting'',I'm trying correct,and debunk an all too unfortunate myth and I would have hoped that you and other fans on here would understand and appreciate this. I wasn't trying or meaning to insult you either.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:12:58 PM by fanofthefab4 »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »

Right.

Well anyway, if it's okay with Paul then it's okay with me:  Paul McCartney admits One Direction DO compare with The Beatles and reveals soft spot for the boyband

:)

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 11:19:28 PM »

icon_mad  The Beatles *WERE NOTHING* LIKE ONE DIRECTION! Not on a musical or personal level! And Paul McCartney is totally wrong and must be going senile to even say such stupid,inaccurate,ludicrous,nonsense that you obviously incomprehensibly *want* to believe! I'm certain that if the great John Lennon was alive,he would go on these sites and say  I was *NOT* the founder and leader of some f*ckin, stupid,uncool,untalented boy band get that through your f*cking stupid heads!

In this recent Rolling Stone Magazine interview with Paul McCartney he's asked what he thinks about The Rolling Stones and he says they are a good little rock n roll band but not as good as The Beatles and that he's going to be playing with them soon.And he's asked about the rock n roll song  I  Wanna Be Your Man in  and how they wrote it and gave to The Rolling Stones (in 1963) and it became one of their first hits.Thank God Paul doesn't say any ludicrous sh*t like that here.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/paul-mccartney-looks-back-the-rolling-stone-interview-w433437
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:23:49 PM by fanofthefab4 »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2016, 11:27:05 PM »

I think you should write a letter to Paul telling him he "is totally wrong and must be going senile to even say such stupid,inaccurate,ludicrous,nonsense."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 11:46:21 PM »

Yikes!

;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 03:48:57 PM »

One Direction actually have some really great songs, and talent. They are more than just their early hits and "boy band" image. I used to dismiss them too but then some friends of mine (we're all in our mid-twenties) got me into their stuff and I have to say it has some substance.

If people only judged the Beatles based on "She Loves You" and the Beatlemania phase, they would be considered a boy band too. Maybe try giving a listen to some of One Direction's more recent album tracks and you will see they are more than just good looks. Also, I don't see why having a teen girl fan base is a bad thing. The Beatles' biggest fans were always teen girls. They wouldn't have been able to become global sensations and take over the world (which allowed them to experiment with more daring music styles later on) if it hadn't been for the teen girls who made them millionaires. One Direction has a lot of female fans, that doesn't invalidate them as musicians any more than it invalidates the Beatles.

That being said, I think One Direction have more in common with the Monkees than the Beatles, because like the Monkees, they were conceived as part of a TV show, and weren't given complete creative control in the beginning, but later began to experiment with songwriting and musicianship.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

KelMar

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »

Thanks for your insight Mairi. I thought One Direction had been around long enough that they weren't some flash in the pan.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2016, 01:13:25 AM »

Whoa!  That re-entry was a little bumpy!  But I gave this to Paul right after they finished their Candlestick Park concert...

"What shall I do with this?" he asked.  "You'll know in a few months," I replied.    ;)

KelMar

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2016, 01:36:00 AM »

^^^
 ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2016, 03:44:05 AM »

^

Yeah, Kelley, I know all about screwing up future events and the space-time continuum but I figured what the hell.   ;D

KelMar

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2016, 04:19:34 AM »

Well, it worked out great that time but be careful!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2016, 05:05:25 AM »

I will, Kelley.  If I'm not careful I could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe.  Granted, that's the worse case scenario.  The destruction might, in fact, be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

KelMar

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2016, 05:25:11 AM »

I will, Kelley.  If I'm not careful I could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe.  Granted, that's the worse case scenario.  The destruction might, in fact, be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

I'll have to watch Part II to grasp the full importance of that statement. It may be a while before I understand, given my track record of actually sitting down and watching anything lately.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2016, 05:57:59 AM »

You don't need to watch Part II.  Einstein's field equation relating the curvature of spacetime to energy sources, which serves as the bedrock principle of general relativity, looks like this:

KelMar

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2016, 06:05:27 AM »

I'll have to watch Part II. Equations make me nervous.  ???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.607 seconds with 77 queries.