Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul and George after the break up  (Read 1981 times)

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Paul and George after the break up
« on: August 22, 2005, 02:21:43 AM »

Do you guys think they remained good friends after the beatles broke up? I don't think they did. I've noticed that I've seen and read a lot of things that after the band broke up Ringo hung out with John, Paul and George. That George hung out with Ringo and John and John hung out with Paul, George and Ringo And that Paul hung out with John and Ringo. But I've never heard or seen anything about Paul and George hanging out.  Did George hate Paul so much that they never talked again? I mean in the anthology you can kind of tell that George isn't enjoying himself and that their is tension between them. Does anyone seen or read anything about these two ever being with each other from 1970-1992?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Paul and George after the break up
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:34:03 AM »

Unless you've been living under a rock or didn't follow anything about Paul's last tour, he did his ukelele tribute to George by playing 'Something', always prefacing things with how, after dinners at George's, the ukeleles came out. I would assume this meant that they saw each other socially. George was always kind of aloof, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, he always came off as being somewhat serious. I thought they interacted just fine when they were together on 'Anthology'. Ringo was always kind of the glue with everyone. Paul visited George when he was sick, so I don't know where your notion that they didn't get along comes from.

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 05:14:11 AM »

Perhaps you didn't read what I said, I said from 1970-1992 before the anthology. I know that they hung out together when he was sick. I have the Something Tribute on my Ipod. I was talking before 1993-2001. I've never seen pictures or heard any stories about them helping each other out with a record or even sending a card for christmas.  I'm pretty sure that George didn't ask Paul to do the Bangladesh concert.  It looks like George wanted nothing to do with Paul after the break up.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 07:39:13 AM »

"For about ten years I didn't really know Paul... but more recently we've been hanging out, getting to know each other, going for dinner, meeting, having a laugh."

- George Harrison 1988.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 04:33:38 PM »

Paul and Linda went to one of George's concerts during that era. They were in disguise... or something. I might remember more of this later, I'm so tired from staying up late last night.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 11:05:12 PM »

They all looked pretty chummy at Ringo's wedding.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 12:52:18 AM »

I hope they became freinds

Paul McCartney :)

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »

Well going to one of George's concert in disguise sounds like something Paul would do. I'm glad to hear that they become friends again in the 80s even though I saw a press conference with George where the reporters where saying to George "Paul McCartney says that the three of you will most likely get back together sometime soon" to which George replied "Paul is always looking for away to get publicity to launch a new tour or something like that. But we won't be getting back together.".

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

Underneath all of the animosity after the breakup, there was still alot of love. Every family is dysfunctional, and they were no different.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 55 queries.