Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Is Ringo looked at as a joke these days?  (Read 9706 times)

Wayne L.

Is Ringo looked at as a joke these days?
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »

I think Ringo is looked at as a joke these days, instead of the legendary artist & great rock drummer that he is.  The mainstream media seems to dismiss him entirely, despite great albums that should be more popular & great tours with his All Starr Band.  He's a great drummer in his own right with an influential style, equal to the late, great Keith Moon & John Bonham, but is overshadowed by the likes of Tommy Lee for some reason.  RS made some great music as a member of the Beatles & as a solo artist that are timeless & shouldn't be dismissed at all.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Is Ringo looked at as a joke these days?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »

Ringo is in his 60's, Tommy Lee is in his 30's. Which one do you think would appeal to the younger generation? Tommy Lee is in the news everyday for one thing or another. Lets face it, he gets way more exposure. Its not hard to understand that.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 04:16:40 PM »

Quote from: 395
I think Ringo is looked at as a joke these days, instead of the legendary artist & great rock drummer that he is.  The mainstream media seems to dismiss him entirely, despite great albums that should be more popular & great tours with his All Starr Band.  He's a great drummer in his own right with an influential style, equal to the late, great Keith Moon & John Bonham, but is overshadowed by the likes of Tommy Lee for some reason.  RS made some great music as a member of the Beatles & as a solo artist that are timeless & shouldn't be dismissed at all.

Better yet, to even post this means that you dont even understand the artist. When Ringo makes an album, you dont see posters all over the music stores promoting it. Ringo does a few interviews here and there on the radio and in magazines, and he posts details online. Thats it. Ringo doesnt push it because he understands his audience. Millions of young kids arent going to rush out and buy a Ringo album. Sad but its the facts. I feel priveledged when Ringo makes an album because I feel that theres a very small populace that he's targeting and i'm one of them. As one of these people or one of his fans,,,,no, I dont feel that Ringo is looked at as a joke.

Now you on the other hand,,,,

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 05:06:53 PM »

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:52 PM »

and certainly his peers don't think so....

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »

Quote from: 373
Ringo is in his 60's, Tommy Lee is in his 30's. Which one do you think would appeal to the younger generation? Tommy Lee is in the news everyday for one thing or another. Lets face it, he gets way more exposure. Its not hard to understand that.

Tommy Lee is in his 40's, like myself & he's a great drummer, but a big joke.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 08:40:49 PM »

Quote from: 395

Tommy Lee is in his 40's, like myself & he's a great drummer, but a big joke.
i agree with you there wayne...

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 12:09:22 AM »

Ringo fit. Period. He helped to make the proverbial sum of the parts as special and unique as can be, and um, the best band ever. Put John Bonham or Keith Moon's style in your head, and put it into any Beatle's song. Doesn't work. I'm listening to 'Love Me Do' with Keith on drums right now and having a laugh (sorry folks).  Ringo completed the group, did a good workingman's job of drumming, offended no one, and in alot of ways, was the glue, especially towards the terse end of their days. He's no Keith Moon, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich--whatever, but he didn't need to be either.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 09:30:05 PM »

Ringo isn't a joke at all. When I talk about the Beatles at school, the first one they mention is Ringo, because he was on Shining Time Station and gave them a lot of happy memories. No member of the Beatles will ever be regarded as a joke; rather as a genius.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Wayne L.

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »

Quote from: 218
Ringo isn't a joke at all. When I talk about the Beatles at school, the first one they mention is Ringo, because he was on Shining Time Station and gave them a lot of happy memories. No member of the Beatles will ever be regarded as a joke; rather as a genius.

I know Ringo isn't a joke, as well as John, Paul & George, but he's a little bit ignored these days, despite being a rock legend.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 07:38:02 PM »

yeh he's definatley more ignored than paul, but he's not a joke at all, i loved his ringorama album, in fact i think its fantastic..i have'nt got his latest stuff because, well i'm not that interested but if i could access it i proberly would check it out.

Wayne L.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 03:17:08 PM »

I plan on listening to Ringorama, when I get the chance, as well as his recent one Choose Love.  

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 01:19:31 AM »

ringo says thanks wayne

Wayne L.

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 11:09:28 PM »

The truth of the matter is Ringo is looked at as a joke these days sadly instead of the great rock drummer that he is & rock legend of the highest stature.  He couldn't hardly get arrested in the media during his last All Starr tour & he seems to be forgotten for some reason despite being a 60's icon.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 11:21:07 PM »

Wayne L.

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

I suppose Choose Love sold about 5 million copies in your mind even though it didn't.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 11:58:56 PM »

Have you bought a copy yet Wayne? Thats what really matters.

Wayne L.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 12:00:39 AM »

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 05:46:44 AM »

Maybe it sold 5 million copies and maybe it didnt.

Wayne L.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 12:00:47 PM »

It was number one for about 12 weeks on Billboard I heard last year, whether it's true or not is up to you since you're so concerned.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 76 queries.