Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bee Gees were the most?  (Read 12979 times)

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
Re: Bee Gees were the most?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »

Hardly surprising, Clive Anderson does support Arsenal.

If you like the early Bee Gees there is a fantastic compilation of other artists covering their songs in the late 60s called 'Maybe Someone Is Digging Underground'. It came out 10 years ago on a Castle CD.

KelMar

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »

In addition to what came out of the Sgt. Pepper's film in 1978, the Bee Gees covered a lot of Beatles songs. In 1976 there was another film, All This and World War II, which was so poorly received that it was pulled after two weeks. Of course that means I'm dying to see it and despite the fact that it was never released on any home video it's here:

http://youtu.be/ddtDTy_UuDA

I'm afraid I really can't get too enthused about the covers I've heard with a couple of exceptions. Marshall posted what looks like a neat video from TV but the audio is all I could find on YouTube now:

From Me to You 1964
http://youtu.be/QFGrucPQh_k
I think that is adorable!^^

You Won't See Me 1966
http://youtu.be/b1F_LG4IvzM

KelMar

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

I want to watch this, even though Celine Dion appears briefly in the beginning, telling us that the Bee Gees had hit after hit. But Brian Wilson, Alice Cooper and George Martin come right after so it's okay. LOL

This is Where I Came In
http://youtu.be/lpdJuQDO86M

nimrod

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »

I had to look up the word tosser in the Urban Dictionary and from what I just saw in that video I can say that Clive Anderson was definitely the first word in the definition! Even though I traded my Saturday Night Fever album for the first Styx album (another band that lost me in the 80's) I would call myself fan of the Bee Gee's music; especially their early work. I've never really seen them interviewed but now I'm also a fan of their personalities. They certainly gave Clive every opportunity to stop being a tosser but he was hopeless!

I couldn't get that link to work but this seems to be it: Bee Gees Way

If I ever get to Australia that will be on my list of things to do.

Its quite impressive Kelley and thankfully so far no little tossers have vandalised it  ha2ha

It doesnt mention theyre English, as usual, anyone who spends 10 minutes in Oz becomes Australian  glassesslip

Its funny in the video that Maurice (forever the gentleman) leaves last and is still being polite to Anderson

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:37 AM »

I want to watch this, even though Celine Dion appears briefly in the beginning...

I get a headache just looking at a picture of her.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2014, 02:42:03 AM »

Its funny in the video that Maurice (forever the gentleman) leaves last and is still being polite to Anderson

Robin looked like he wanted to leave from the very beginning of that interview.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2014, 02:50:48 AM »

Even though I traded my Saturday Night Fever album for the first Styx album (another band that lost me in the 80's)

Is that the group with the bald drummer?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.526 seconds with 49 queries.