Other forums > Different Conversations

Currently listening to...

<< < (2390/2665) > >>

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 11, 2014, 09:22:54 PM ---Dig this, Kathleen!  In the studio recording of Love Will Keep Us Together, Toni Tennille paid tribute to Neil Sedaka by singing "Sedaka is back" during her vocal outro...

Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together

--- End quote ---

:)  I never would have caught that if you hadn't pointed it out, Barry. (And I heard that song a lot in the 70s.)

I read recently that they just got divorced. Sad.  :(

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Normandie on November 11, 2014, 09:26:31 PM ---I read recently that they just got divorced. Sad.  :(

--- End quote ---

I never imagined that would happen.  As the adage goes, they made such beautiful music together.

Hello Goodbye:
But that was nice of Toni Tennille to recognize Neil Sedaka the way she did.  He was a casualty of the British invasion and it took him a while to come back.

Neil Sedaka had some more bad luck in the 1960s.  He originally recorded It Hurts To Be In Love...

It Hurts To Be In Love ( demo, previously unreleased) Neil Sedaka - Definitive Collection CD

But because he didn't record the song in the RCA studio as required by his contract, he had to re-record it and the results were not as good.  The song was given to Gene Pitney who took the song to #7 in 1964.  Neil Sedaka's arrangement, musical score and even his own background vocals were used in Gene Pitney's version...

Gene Pitney It Hurts To Be In Love

Normandie:

Really interesting information on Neil Sedaka, Barry; thanks for sharing it. And you're right; it was nice of Toni Tennille to recognize him.

Hello Goodbye:
I just remembered another Neil Sedaka song performed by The Captain and Tennille...

You Never Done It Like That - Neil Sedaka

Captain & Tennille - You Never Done It Like That - 1979

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version