Other forums > Different Conversations

Currently listening to...

<< < (2392/2665) > >>

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 10, 2014, 05:50:43 AM ---Neil Sedaka wouldn't have another Top 10 hit for another 12 years...

Neil Sedaka - Laughter in the Rain (1974)

--- End quote ---

I can't listen to this song without getting tears in my eyes. My mother absolutely loved this song. She even bought the 45 of it and just about wore it out.

Normandie:

--- Quote from: In My Life on January 10, 2015, 11:20:22 PM ---I can't listen to this song without getting tears in my eyes. My mother absolutely loved this song. She even bought the 45 of it and just about wore it out.

--- End quote ---

Ohh. Now I'll have to give it a listen!

tkitna:

--- Quote from: In My Life on January 10, 2015, 11:20:22 PM ---I can't listen to this song without getting tears in my eyes. My mother absolutely loved this song. She even bought the 45 of it and just about wore it out.

--- End quote ---

It really is a great song.

oldbrownshoe:
I knew my 'one' box set would come in useful some day!

'The Complete Stax/Volt Singles: 1959-68', specifically disc 4 which starts in September '64 and ends in May '65, and a suitable bed-fellow to the debuts by Them and The Pretty Things. Hey, we are living in 1965, after all.

I'm not sure any of the 27 songs were actually hits in the U.K. (actually the Otis songs might have been), but presumably they'd have been on juke-boxes and probably all of them would have been played in London clubs like The Scene.

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Normandie on January 11, 2015, 08:15:45 PM ---Ohh. Now I'll have to give it a listen!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: tkitna ---It really is a great song.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, my mom had great taste in music and taught me a lot. I didn't always appreciate it like I should have, though, especially when she woke me up in the morning by singing the chorus from this:

Oh, How I Hate to get up in the Morning
http://youtu.be/71smG5d29to

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version