Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Microscope: Forever Changes (Love)  (Read 34878 times)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Microscope: Forever Changes (Love)
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »

i merely intended that as a counter-example to your rather askew/absurd/blanket notion that all george solo albums are pure crap. i have to admit the only solo albums by harrison that i would really want in my collection are ATMP & Cloud Nine. seems to me i have heard 33 1/3 and thought it passable. having said that i don't think your blanket rejection of the album based on what you describe as 80's production values, is honest nor is it unbiased and is moot and rather telling. although i'll be the first to agree that the only thing remotely of interest that came out of the 80's music scene was speed/death metal bands and alternative rock. folk music got its usual kick in the pants, i suppose.
 ;sorry

I didn't say that all George solo albums are crap, I just said that he never repeated the greatness of All Things Must Pass. Particularly, Cloud Nine was a bad counter-example if you wanted to convince me because I really dislike that record (and believe me, I'm being honest in my appreciation if not unbiased). But I dig other of his 1970's works like Living In The Material World, Dark Horse and Extra Texture. I don't think they are great but I find them to be pretty decent records. Peace.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:11:07 AM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
Re: Microscope: Forever Changes (Love)
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:33 PM »

Here's more Live Arthur Lee & LOVE!

Arthur Lee & Love - You Set The Scene (Live)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 36 queries.