Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Imagine: John Lennon  (Read 3244 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Imagine: John Lennon
« on: June 21, 2004, 07:04:14 AM »

This is a thread for the film/soundtrack.....the documentary was a very good, although VERY SAD piece of filmmaking, while I thought the soundtrack really was a good representation of John in a single disc. If you haven't seen the movie, you should just for Sean's outfit alone.  :P

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Wayne L.

Re: Imagine: John Lennon
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 01:10:03 PM »

I thought the Imagine documentary was great even though it could have been much better with cool footage of John & George cutting down Paul jokingly while recording Imagine which highlights the bitterness in those days after the breakup of the Beatles along with Lennon arguing with a woman reporter at the bed-in back in 69 showcasing John's sarcastic attitude.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 12:00:18 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1087801454,s=1 date=1087823403]it could have been much better with cool footage of John & George cutting down Paul jokingly while recording Imagine which highlights the bitterness in those days after the breakup of the Beatles along with Lennon arguing with a woman reporter at the bed-in back in 69 showcasing John's sarcastic attitude. [/quote]

I thinks these clips can now be found on the Gimme Some Truth DVD.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 03:40:09 AM »

It was a great documentary.  I think the most vivid image was the hippy living in John's garden.  Them feeding him, explaining that even tho he felt like the Beatles and John were this special godlike being, John deflated that idea (which was shared by an awful lot of us).  Very cool scene.

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 11:13:53 AM »

I saw this one when I first started being a Beatle/solo fan, and that ending just made me cry my eyes out. Great film making, great representation.

I'm currently working my fingers to the bone finding someone to ship it to Norway. I really want my friends to see who John Lennon was.
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 11:49:26 PM »

is that film is for sale?? does any one know??

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 12:55:51 AM »

Check Amazon.com.

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 52 queries.