Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do you think George made rock or religious albums?  (Read 6508 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Do you think George made rock or religious albums?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 02:33:54 AM »

funny how you put words into the mans mouth.he said "I find it hard to take George's interest in the Hare Krishna Contiousness very seriously "...he NEVER said he joined them.....yet you repremand him 4 doing so....
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 06:19:24 PM »

Quote from: pc31
he NEVER said he joined them.....

Neither did I!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 06:21:11 PM »

I just said he preached about Krishna contiousness and often used Krishna's Name and symbol even though he didn't even follow the basic rules of KC (no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, no casual sex, no desire for material posessions, no meat, no eggs).

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 09:40:59 PM »

What I was trying to get at was that Biscuit had said cause he was very preachy and holier-than-thou about it even though he hardly followed any of the basic rules of this religion. It seems to me like he only used the parts of the religion that he liked.

Now (here's my point)- if we wasn't a member, you can't criticize him for not following the sect's precepts. Since he wasn't a member it's quite OK for him to use the parts he likes. That's why I pointed out that he was never a member.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 11:40:58 PM »

Krishna Contiousness is a very intense religion and can be dangerous (lead to serious depression) if you take it just halfway. It is my opinion that you should either totally go along with it or stay away from it. So I don't approve of what George did: encouraging people to check out KC (which he did) even though he was very half hearted about it himself.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 12:16:50 AM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
Krishna Contiousness is a very intense religion and can be dangerous (lead to serious depression) if you take it just halfway. It is my opinion that you should either totally go along with it or stay away from it. So I don't approve of what George did: encouraging people to check out KC (which he did) even though he was very half hearted about it himself.

Lots of things lead to serious depression. What is so special about taking Krishna Consciousness halfway that makes it so dangerous? I would like to know.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 11:25:06 AM »

Because basically the idea behind KC is that first they make you believe that life on earth is miserable, that it's impossible to be truely happy during this life and that this life is more or less a punishment. And then, of course, they tell you that Krishna is the answer, the only way to true happiness.

So I think it can be dangerous to get halfway into KC because this religion keeps telling you how unsatisfactory, unhappy and uncertain this life is, and that life is just an annoying lesson you have to learn. That's all fine if you're absolutely sure of the existence of Krishna, but what if you're not too sure and you think that this life might be all there is?

slimjim

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 02:05:14 AM »

Religious-oriented rock. Sometimes ;)
A forum for European Beatles Fans

Wayne L.

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 03:06:51 PM »

I think George made more religious albums than rock albums as a solo artist with a heavy emphasis on eastern religion with possibly his only solo masterpiece All Things Must Pass being considered a straight rock album with only a bit of religious overtones & maybe George Harrison!!!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 11:45:50 PM »

I really don't agree... There's a difference between religious rock and plain religious music, IMO.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

becky

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 03:18:45 PM »

I don't think that George made religious albums because not all of his song were religious. When he wrote songs that sounded religious I think that he only wrote about what he believed in. He has written plenty of songs that weren't religious.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 04:46:18 AM »

I don't think his albums were religous as much as they were spiritual. But that wasn't his only focus. He was well rounded I think.

Wayne L.

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2005, 02:11:05 PM »

I think George's solo albums were more religious in content lyrically than rock & roll oriented than most Beatles fans would want to admit.  He did rock out a few times as a solo artist but his sprituality got in the way most of the time.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2005, 08:11:40 PM »

How can spirituality "get in the way" of rock and roll? Just because other bands have "Sympathy for the Devil", doesn't mean that George should have to comprimise his thoughts and feelings just so he can make a succesful rock album.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Wayne L.

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
How can spirituality "get in the way" of rock and roll? Just because other bands have "Sympathy for the Devil", doesn't mean that George should have to comprimise his thoughts and feelings just so he can make a succesful rock album.

I never said that but you did.  I think George made about 50-90 solo albums when it comes to his rock & religious output as an artist with his masterpiece All Things Must Pass being 100% rock & roll with a little bit of religious overtones.

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 09:57:40 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
I just said he preached about Krishna contiousness and often used Krishna's Name and symbol even though he didn't even follow the basic rules of KC (no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, no casual sex, no desire for material posessions, no meat, no eggs).

It's also indicated that such things are not entirely possible in this degraded age (If you belive this age is degraded) and that in the Vedas it is said that the only way of attaining KC is by chanting the KC chant and always thinking and seeing Krishna (GOD) in whatever you do and in whatever you see.

I'm now rolling a joint for Krishna.  ;)

Tis rather swell as beliefs go. IMO.

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »

Hare Krishna!

Cisco

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 05:46:58 PM »

If his music is spiritual? Music? Notes? I don't think so. But the lyrics, most of them are really spiritual. Some are blue, some are satiric and so on.

cisco
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 74 queries.