Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 639982 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8780 on: December 09, 2013, 03:18:27 AM »

Van Dcazz....We will wait.........This is very old wine.  I hope you will like it.

I never drink....wine... but when I do.

;D
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8781 on: December 09, 2013, 03:43:26 AM »

http://youtu.be/TJ9f2rnjB84

I'll take the chalice with the palace!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8782 on: December 09, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »

I never drink....wine... but when I do.

You talk like Danny Kaye?
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8783 on: December 09, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »

You talk like Danny Kaye?
Not on purpose!

He is brilliant though!
Mark Twain

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8784 on: December 11, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »

Haven't been here in forever..........but I'm still around.  So much has happened in my life the past several years.  Anyways........I'm here today to say "thanks Beatlelovers" for the birthday wishes that were emailed me today.  I know it's December 10 here in the USA, but other places it's the 11th.  Thanks again for remembering me.  Love you all!!!!   partypeople

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8785 on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »

Haven't been here in forever..........but I'm still around.  So much has happened in my life the past several years.  Anyways........I'm here today to say "thanks Beatlelovers" for the birthday wishes that were emailed me today.  I know it's December 10 here in the USA, but other places it's the 11th.  Thanks again for remembering me.  Love you all!!!!   partypeople
ASPIE!!!!!!!!! So good to see you again! And a very happy birthday to you!!!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

KelMar

« Reply #8786 on: December 18, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »

I wish I could just wiggle my nose or blink and all the things on my to-do list would be finished. I can't help thinking that this isn't really the way Christmas is supposed to be.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8787 on: December 18, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »

It's like you read my mind, Kelley; I've been feeling the same way. Work has been hellacious, and I've been racing around from task to task. I still have shopping to do; ugh. I keep trying to remember that the holidays should NOT be this stressful.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8788 on: December 19, 2013, 03:49:46 AM »

I wish I could just wiggle my nose or blink and all the things on my to-do list would be finished. I can't help thinking that this isn't really the way Christmas is supposed to be.
Actually! If you think about it ...  In those days when a census was called you had to go back to the town of your birth to register. Joseph had to take Mary about 80 miles from Nazareth to Bethlehem on the back of a donkey at 8+ months pregnant! Then when she got there, there was no room to stay in because everyone that was born there had travelled there! The best they could do was a stable to have their baby Jesus in!
I think that's one of the reasons the Christmas holiday is stressful. It's a spiritual thing that comes along for the ride!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8789 on: December 20, 2013, 03:01:01 AM »

That is an interesting point, Dave! I never thought of it that way.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8790 on: December 20, 2013, 03:33:26 AM »

... add to that being an unwed mother as her pregnancy happened during her betrothal period before the wedding and being shunned! Stressmust have been everywhere for them.
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8791 on: December 20, 2013, 03:43:39 AM »

I think it's time for Christians to ignore the concept of Christmas being "over" on December 26th. Advent may be a hectic time but that period between Christmas Day and the Feast of the Epiphany could really be a great time to focus on Christ's birth without the distractions. That's what I plan to do this year. And who knows, maybe some year soon I will pull it all together and have a peaceful Advent too!

KelMar

« Reply #8792 on: December 20, 2013, 03:51:13 AM »

... add to that being an unwed mother as her pregnancy happened during her betrothal period before the wedding and being shunned! Stressmust have been everywhere for them.

Dave, your comments make me think a book by one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Berg. The Handmaiden and the Carpenter tells Mary and Joseph's story in a way that makes it easy to relate to. I think I'll see if we have it at our library. It's definitely worth reading again.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8793 on: December 20, 2013, 03:55:14 AM »

The best Christmas's I've ever had I got all my shopping done by September! That way I could concentrate on the fun stuff!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8794 on: December 20, 2013, 03:59:23 AM »

I think it's time for Christians to ignore the concept of Christmas being "over" on December 26th. Advent may be a hectic time but that period between Christmas Day and the Feast of the Epiphany could really be a great time to focus on Christ's birth without the distractions. That's what I plan to do this year. And who knows, maybe some year soon I will pull it all together and have a peaceful Advent too!
My hometown, Marblehead collects all the Christmas trees and makes a huge pile on  Back beach and has a bonfire on the day of epiphany! The place is packed for this one. A fitting end to the Christmas season!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8795 on: December 20, 2013, 04:19:55 AM »

The best Christmas's I've ever had I got all my shopping done by September! That way I could concentrate on the fun stuff!

I got my shopping done early but I haven't wrapped a thing yet. And then there's all the baking. Cookies seem to evaporate around here!

My hometown, Marblehead collects all the Christmas trees and makes a huge pile on  Back beach and has a bonfire on the day of epiphany! The place is packed for this one. A fitting end to the Christmas season!

That sounds wonderful!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8796 on: December 20, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »

That's a really good point, Kelley. My kids and I heard a great homily on that topic right at the beginning of Advent. We always leave our tree up until the Epiphany, but I had never really given serious thought to focusing on the time between Christmas Day and the Epiphany as anything other than heaving a huge sigh and being glad all the madness is over. (Well, actually, I hit that point on Christmas Eve, but basically, I need to stop getting so stressed out during Advent and focus on what is truly important -- although it would help if I were better organized.,)

This is my most disorganized Christmas ever -- I haven't even finished my shopping yet; UGH. I can't do any until I finish work today; I'm so far behind. And I want to make everything nice for the kids, who are still hurting.

KelMar

« Reply #8797 on: December 20, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »

And I want to make everything nice for the kids, who are still hurting.

I'm sure that feels like a tremendous burden at times but I think I know you well enough to say that you are making things nice for your kids. You give them what really matters; your love and concern. Someday when they are grown they will remember that you were there for them and that's what is important. Christmas is wonderful but sometimes we work so hard to make it perfect that we sabotage our own efforts! When my kids were younger I always had this feeling that I had to do everything right to make up for the awful Christmas we had when my kids were 8 and 9 years old, right after my sister passed away. I finally figured out that what they needed most was for me to stop trying so hard. So don't be hard on yourself!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8798 on: December 21, 2013, 04:14:22 AM »

Hmmm I don't understand how people that tell you that are important and special for them, can take you for granted (or at least make you feel like you have been taken for granted). I just don't understand how normal humans can use other humans? Am I wrong to think that all humans are good natured?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8799 on: December 21, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »

Hmmm I don't understand how people that tell you that are important and special for them, can take you for granted (or at least make you feel like you have been taken for granted). I just don't understand how normal humans can use other humans? Am I wrong to think that all humans are good natured?
I think so!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 527

Page created in 0.958 seconds with 81 queries.