Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: if you have EVER not liked Yoko Ono . .  (Read 13894 times)

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
Re: if you have EVER not liked Yoko Ono . .
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »

I still think if your going to castigate someone you dont know on an internet forum you should be able to back it up with proof

I ask again, can you prove that Yoko actually said this to Julian ?

This information came from Julian, as told to Cynthia Lennon, published in her second book, "John", in 2006. The incident is described in enough detail to be credible. As to proof, you must believe Julian and/or Cynthia.

Julian has alluded to it in interviews, speaking generally of John's instruments, without being specific about which instrument Yoko denied him.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

nimrod

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »

This information came from Julian, as told to Cynthia Lennon, published in her second book, "John", in 2006. The incident is described in enough detail to be credible. As to proof, you must believe Julian and/or Cynthia.

Julian has alluded to it in interviews, speaking generally of John's instruments, without being specific about which instrument Yoko denied him.

ok thanks for that, Ive never read that book but Im surprised Cynthia would put that in and be so specific about which guitar Yoko refused him.

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »

ok thanks for that, Ive never read that book but Im surprised Cynthia would put that in and be so specific about which guitar Yoko refused him.

Actually, Cynthia wrote that the guitar in question was a black Yamaha with an inlaid pearl dragon. I posted that it was John's Rick, which I had read in another source. I would tend to believe Julian's/Cynthia's version. To be fair to Yoko, this Yamaha supposedly was used by John to sing lullabies to Sean, and she did offer Julian his choice of two guitars instead. Apparently, what upset Julian was that in subsequent visits to Sean, he noticed that his half-brother had access to all of John's guitars.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 02:37:34 AM »

day tripper yeah

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »

I was listening to some music on my computer (J&Y Double Fantasy - Stripped Down), then I skipped to Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum).
I went downstairs to eat, and while coming back to my room after about ten minutes, I've heard a woman's voice in a high pitch, I didn't recognize
the tune at first, but I thought: Oh, it must be something from Double Fantasy and it seems that Yoko can sing beautifully!

But, after few seconds, I realised: it wasn't Yoko's song at all, it was Rose Hamlin's Angel Baby! ha2ha
Rosie & The Originals - Angel Baby (1961) UK Version

So, yes, Yoko scared me... glassesslip

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

I was listening to some music on my computer (J&Y Double Fantasy - Stripped Down), then I skipped to Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum).
I went downstairs to eat, and while coming back to my room after about ten minutes, I've heard a woman's voice in a high pitch, I didn't recognize
the tune at first, but I thought: Oh, it must be something from Double Fantasy and it seems that Yoko can sing beautifully!

But, after few seconds, I realised: it wasn't Yoko's song at all, it was Rose Hamlin's Angel Baby! ha2ha
Rosie & The Originals - Angel Baby (1961) UK Version

So, yes, Yoko scared me... glassesslip

Rosie Hamlin wrote that for her first boyfriend when she was 14.  It was recorded a year later in 1960.

The B side was Give Me Love, an unknown gem...

Rosie And The Originals - "Give Me Love"

Give Me love was an early favorite of John and Paul.
I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 49 queries.