Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How much longer ?  (Read 6001 times)

Marvin

• A Beginning
How much longer ?
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:18:05 PM »

Probably a daft question but how much longer do you think The Beatles would've lasted if Brian Epstein had not died? Most of their problems seemed to stem after he died and was wondering if they would've got on better without all the added pressure they had if Brian was still their manager?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
Re: How much longer ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »

I Think it would last longer because they didn't have to worry about money and all. Like in a movie i just watched Definitely Maybe
" Well like Lennon and McCartney they were good together, and then they couldn't even be friends." Well i think they had soo many problems to take care of it messed everything up.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »

break up maybe not but every Members  would Solo goes on

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 01:14:37 AM »

A few years more, perhaps, but they definitely wouldn't have stayed together for decades or anything.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »

Brian was their glue. It wasn't accidentally that they were falling apart as soon as Brian had died. Maybe they could have stuck together a few years longer, but then we might also wonder whether their fame and magic had preserved so well. I guess we'll never know.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:08:58 AM »

they were falling apart b4 brian died you better reread what was going on there during that time.....come on they grew up that means growing apart....

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »

I agree with Marshal. I was reading this topic from the start and thinking about the Beatles just grew up and Brian wouldn't stop them. I've read pc's message and saw he thinks the same.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »

i love this guy dmitry....hes so smart... ;D
brianalready did less because they stopped touring that was his biggest involvement anyways...they were impressed with him as young men i dont think the older beatles had as much respect for him as they once did....besides he was a queen.... ;sorry

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »

i love this guy dmitry....hes so smart... ;D
brianalready did less because they stopped touring that was his biggest involvement anyways...they were impressed with him as young men i dont think the older beatles had as much respect for him as they once did....besides he was a queen.... ;sorry

By the way, once upon a time I was a local band's manager. I was 23 and I wasn't so clever as Brian, and I wasn't a queen  ;D

KeepUnderCover

• A Beginning
  • Across The Universe
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »

With Paul and John in the band, butting heads, I doubt they would have lasted much longer.

Live dates

Ringo Starr, Columbus OH, Feb 22, 1999
Julian Lennon, Cincinnati OH, July 21, 1999
Paul McCartney, Cincinnati OH, Aug 4th, 2011

~The Beatles Forever~

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 01:28:22 PM »

True! I agree they were growing apart. But more importantly, Brian was screwing them (intentionally and un-)and John and Paul were just starting to catch on when Brian passed. So who knows how it would have played out, maybe if he had lived and the Beatles stuck with him, we wouldn't have had I Me Mine  ??? ;D
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

nimrod

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »

John always said 'we were finished when Brian died' so maybe they wouldve done things differently and there wouldnt have been the war over Eastman etc

its crazy though, Brian achieved all he wanted so why was he so depressed ?

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »

its crazy though, Brian achieved all he wanted so why was he so depressed ?

I think that is precisely why he was depressed. The challenge was gone. I also think that he felt useless going forward. The Beatles were no longer touring and Apple was in the beginning stages of being formed. He saw his role going forward as small to none.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »

A few years more, perhaps, but they definitely wouldn't have stayed together for decades or anything.

I agree. The real tension started quite out of the blue it seems to me during the White album sessions and quite early on in those sessions before the buisness side of things degenerated into such farce. John was already on course to get it together with Yoko and probably would have brought her into the studio regardless of anything Brian said or did and the others would have resented her being there and John would have felt resentment that they resented Yoko being there. Maybe Paul would have even tried to oust Brian from managing them and get the Eastmans in even if Brian was alive. Things would have been very different but I can't see they'd have gone on much longer just 'cause John would have been so obsessed with Yoko.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 76 queries.