Beatles forums > Films, TV Shows, Interviews

Beatles Songs in Commercials

(1/9) > >>

Sondra:
I just saw a stupid car commercial using the song Paperback Writer. Not done by the Beatles of course. Anyway, I have a question. How does this work? I mean, is it Michael Jackson giving permission to use these songs? Do the Beatles get any money for it? Just wondering. I hate hearing their songs in commercials!! Even if it's not them singing. Have any of you heard any other commercials using Beatles songs recently? I do wish they'd let VH1 or even MTV show videos of them though. I did see a Beatles video on VH1 today. It was from the Yellow Submarine. So of course they're not in it!! They have a wierd thing going with their songs and how they're shown.

Kiss My Bad Self:
yeah im sure i've heard beatle songs in commercials but never the original version. it probably is jacko. there always horrible versions as well. an no i hardly ever see beatle footage or beatle videos on tv.

Soft_Guitar60:
No, I think it was UB40. They did a version of Paperback Writer.

Sadie4:
Herer in Spain there is a commercial using the song "Drive my car" (it's a cars advertisement) but it's a cover version by some other artist, so I don't know... The version is quite good, actually.

Frightwolf:
I here the non-Beatles version of Getting Better a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version