Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BBC Home Movies Roadshow Programme request- The Beatles  (Read 1964 times)

LMillward

BBC Home Movies Roadshow Programme request- The Beatles
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:54:39 AM »

Dear All

I am a researcher at a television production company called Diverse. We are currently making a new series for BBC TWO, to be shown next year which tells the story of Britain, as told through people’s home movie footage.

We are conducting a nationwide hunt for the best of people’s home movies and we would love to get hold of some home movie footage of The Beatles. Please feel free to spead the word of our hunt and pass on our details.

Do not hesitate to call if you would like more information about the project.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Laura Millward

Below is a copy of our flyer:

BBC

Home Movie Roadshow

Next year, BBC TWO is launching a new series which will travel the country in a hunt for the nation’s home movie archive.

This is the nation’s story through the eyes of its most important historians: the British people.

We are looking for any amateur-filmed footage that reflects the events of the last seventy years. It might be footage of the summer of 1976, or the great storm of 1987. It might be street parties celebrating the Coronation, Jubilee or the Royal Weddings. We’re interested in footage of people’s hobbies or the big events in their life – perhaps an important wedding or birthday party. We would love to see any footage of local festivals, or people who perhaps went on to be famous - a local who went on to be a sports or pop star for instance.

We are interested in finding any footage you may have of Royalty, or the building or opening of important buildings in the area. It might be Beatlemania for instance, or political demonstrations. It could be that the footage is very particular to the area – the local industry – from ship building to cider-making.

We are throwing the net very wide, and we are really interested to hear from individuals or organisations about what they think is of importance and what deserves to be seen on the small screen.

If you have old cine, video or film footage we would love to hear from you. We are happy to take it on any format. We guarantee its’ safe return.

At this point, we are still at the research stage – so we are keen to hear about what people have. If any clips are used in the series, then a fee will be paid.

Please contact the production team at
laura.millward@diverse.tv or on 0203 189 3228.

Or you can post your footage to: Home Movie Roadshow,
1 Ariel Way, London W12 7SL

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
Re: BBC Home Movies Roadshow Programme request- The Beatles
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:28:31 AM »

There's this DVD (A bootleg I'm sure) My uncle owns called "Fun With The Fab Four" Thats basically local TV stations and radio stations old dug up clips of The Beatles. It's really interesting!!!

cutecub00

• One And One Is Two
  • I AM BANNED FOR SPAMMING
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »

I am also interested in this. Can you please tell me from where i will get the DVD for it.
Free Movies
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:06:45 PM by Bobber »
I AM BANNED FOR SPAMMING

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »

I am also interested in this. Can you please tell me from where i will get the DVD for it.
Free Movies

Again, stop spamming. I changed the url of your link in this case.

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 44 queries.