Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: David Peel Died last week at age 74 RIP  (Read 2721 times)

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
David Peel Died last week at age 74 RIP
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:47:52 AM »

Long Time friend of John Lennon David Peel  passed away last Thursday April 6 2017 David Peel was a New York City-based musician who first recorded in the late 1960s with Harold Black, Billy Joe White, George Cori and Larry Adam performing as David Peel and The Lower East Side Band and best friend to John Lennon His Albums The Pope Smokes Dope, King of Punk, Bring Back the Beatles,John Lennon for President, John Lennon Forever,Give Hemp A Chance, American Revolution.and many others albums. John played on some of his songs and Produced The Pope Smokes Dope. David Peel was signed to Apple By John in 1971 David Peel appear in such Rude Awakening (1989), High Times' Potluck (2004) and The U.S. vs. John Lennon (2006).David on the April 6 David was having chest pains and called His friend Harold C Black and  Joff Wilson friends of David They got him dressed and rush him to the Hospital and took him to the ER where He suffered a few more Heart Attack and lost him a few times and he recover until April  6 when he had a fatal Heart Attack  There will be a pubic Wake on April 14 and will be laid to rest on April 15 In NY Another great Rock n Roller has passed on RIP David Thanks for the Music  Your up there with your friend John Again you belong to the ages now.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: David Peel Died last week at age 74 RIP
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:29:41 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jhFJopT_8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jhFJopT_8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUkPscsUEU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUkPscsUEU</a>

He'll be missed.
I can stay till it's time to go

Kagome

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 06:15:38 AM »

I left out that he severed in the Military and is a Vet

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »

I left out that he severed in the Military and is a Vet

Mr. Peel grew up in Midwood, Brooklyn, and served two years in the Army, which stationed him in Alaska. A fellow serviceman from New York excited him with tales of the developing folk scene in Greenwich Village, and after completing his military service he made his way to the neighborhood.

He could play the harmonica, and after learning a few basic chords on the guitar he was off and running.

Full article:

David Peel, Downtown Singer and Marijuana Evangelist, Dies at 74

I can stay till it's time to go

Kagome

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 02:14:48 AM »

David did not have any family His Close and best friend Harold C Black had to pay for it all and store his things he maxed out his cards and have to pass the hat around to ask khis friends  for help after it hit the paper he some got help from Marky Ramone ( of the punk Band The Ramones) and another veteran rocker help pay for some things Harold is a close friend of mine and it hard on him. I know there will be more Problems with they deal with Davids stuff  it a mess

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 46 queries.