Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - I Want You (She's So Heavy)

<< < (8/8)

nimrod:
This is a seemingly simple song but to play it well, and to give it the emotion in the vocal performance is not so simple

I think John tears his vocal chords when he sings - HEAVY...

Ripping apart your vocal chords was common with J & P, Ive seen tribute bands do Oh Darling without the raunchy screaming, I never clap, if you cant do it...then dont.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: nimrod on November 19, 2013, 02:13:00 AM ---This is a seemingly simple song but to play it well, and to give it the emotion in the vocal performance is not so simple

I think John tears his vocal chords when he sings - HEAVY...

Ripping apart your vocal chords was common with J & P, Ive seen tribute bands do Oh Darling without the raunchy screaming, I never clap, if you cant do it...then dont.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I like how John sings it, but the simplicity of the song is not a defect, is just how the song is and works very well in my opinion.

nimrod:
At the beginning when the song starts it reminds me of switching on a heavy machine, suddenly it rumbling alond with that Dm guitar figure...engrossing.

Ovi:
Used to hate it for a long time, until I once sat down and truly listened to it. It's a mesmerizing song, full of emotion and as intense as anything on Plastic Ono Band. The way I see it, it's a song that captures the very essence of having an obsession, for better or for worse (and John should know as he was in the midst of two ones at the time - Yoko and heroin).

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: nimrod on November 19, 2013, 07:27:47 AM ---At the beginning when the song starts it reminds me of switching on a heavy machine, suddenly it rumbling alond with that Dm guitar figure...engrossing.

--- End quote ---
Maybe part two is when he gets his fix!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version