Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How do you sleep  (Read 7778 times)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
How do you sleep
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:39:09 AM »

I just got Imagine and how do you sleep is good but jonh sounds realy p*ssed

he realy lets out his hatred, why did he hate paul this much??? I have a clue but im not 100 percent sure

Its a good song but, its still sad

Paul McCartney :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: How do you sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:47:43 AM »

I think it has more to do with how much he loved Paul. Paul hurt him so that's why he became so angry. You woudn't have that much passion over someone you never really liked. It's only the people you really have feelings for that can get you that angry.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 04:48:53 AM »

i get what your saying
but im still confused
what did paul do to make john feel hurt

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 04:52:05 AM »

I guess the whole way the band broke up. How Paul refused to let Klein manage, how he announced it first. And then John's paranoia made him think Paul was sending him messages in his songs. And the whole thing about how John thought Paul looked at Yoko everytime he sang Get Back to where you once belonged. John read a lot into such minor things and made them bigger I think. He just was too passionate a human being I guess.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 04:54:41 AM »

ya john seems kinda sensitive if thats what realy made him act that way

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 05:02:01 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
I think it has more to do with how much he loved Paul. Paul hurt him so that's why he became so angry. You woudn't have that much passion over someone you never really liked. It's only the people you really have feelings for that can get you that angry.

Excellent answer.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 05:51:50 AM »

Quote from: Mr_Charlie

Excellent answer.

yeah it is

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »

Those early breakup years weren't too pretty. Paul had a beetle f***ing another beetle on the back cover of 'Ram', sang about 'Dear Boy...how much you missed'. "Imagine" then came with a postcard of John fondling a pig as a parody of the 'Ram' cover, and "How Do You Sleep". The released version was pretty tough, but the outtakes like the one you can see on "Gimme Some Truth" or "Imagine" are even more harsh. I agree with Sandra's post in that there is that fine line between love and hate, and those two crossed it back and forth, hopefully there was some closure toward the end. The opposite of love isn't hate, its indifference, and those two went 15 rounds for awhile, but underneath it was alot of love.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 12:29:21 AM »

Well said! I think there was some closure as Paul says they had a nice conversation before he died. I think they could have gotten further on in their relationship though. Paul seems to hang onto that conversation as it was an indication that John still did love him. Obviously it was THAT important to him.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 02:16:31 AM »

On a tangent, I wonder what John would have done if the opposite had happened--if Paul passed before John.  What kind of tribute he'd have done, if any.  We have Paul's 'Here Today', and I wonder what John would have put together by way of tribute to his musical soulmate or partner in crime or whatever you want to label it would have been.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 02:38:12 AM »

I think I said this on another thread, but anyway, I think John would have been devestated. I think he would have not done some tribute, but would have spoken out against guns and maybe would have made an actual difference. I think he would have spoken about Paul's accomplishments and probably would have downplayed his own. This is all conjecture of course. He could have done just what Paul has done. Which is okay because I think Paul has handled it well considering all the grief he gets. Wonder if John would have gotten the same kind of backlash.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 06:53:11 PM »

I have a question, in the Imagine movie when he was singing How do you sleep, why was George there?  George also kept saying something about this Beatle ED, who is that?  And does George play the guitar solo in the album version of How do you sleep?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 07:21:55 PM »

Quote from: Wordno
I have a question, in the Imagine movie when he was singing How do you sleep, why was George there?

George was there cos he was playing guitar!

George also kept saying something about this Beatle ED, who is that?

Could you not tell from the context? Watch it again! Then it'll be a multiple choice question for you. (A) John (B) Paul (C) George (D) Ringo.

And does George play the guitar solo in the album version of How do you sleep?

What other version is there than the album version? But the answer is yes.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

I have a question, in the Imagine movie when he was singing How do you sleep, why was George there?

Wayne L.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 11:55:52 PM »

How Do You Sleep was John's way of cutting down Paul after he heard a song on Ram which I think was Too Many People.  I think HDYS is one of the BEST songs in rock cutting down another artist lyrically similiar to Sweet Home Alabama by Skynyrd.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 05:51:19 AM »

Paul is Beatle Ed. Paul is the obvious target for the others rage. As he is for the fans as well. George probably felt priviledged that John wanted to include him on his solo stuff as George always looked up to John. So of course he'd go along with the mood that John had at the time. Then later on when George wrote a book about his influences, he so blatently left out John. Which hurt John by the way. Guess he was annoyed that John turned him down when George suggested starting a new band. Which ever way the wind blows I guess.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 05:55:59 AM »

George was p*ssed at John and Yoko's behavoiur, their real split came in 1974 when John would not come down the street to Apple to finish up some business.  

George wanted John to appear on Bangaladesh but he didn't want Yoko to appear with him so John didn't show.

John was mentioned in Geroge's book more than the other two.  John just saw what he wanted to see.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 05:58:46 AM »

I guess I took JOhn's word to literally then. I'd like to read that book. Is it available?

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 06:03:08 AM »

Sure.  It's a prety light read, mainly delving into George's songs and lyrics and how they came to be.  Your library may have it, mine does.  If not you could probably find a copy online.  Really not much to it, so the library to me is the way to go.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 06:07:07 AM »

I thought when it came out it was limited only to his friends or something? And why did John say he mentioned every two bit saxaphone player but not one mention of him? You know, in that 1980 Playboy interview? Could their wires be that crossed? Anyway, what's the name of it. I'll got to Amazon or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 80 queries.