Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Scorsese Harrison Documentary  (Read 27982 times)

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
Re: Scorsese Harrison Documentary
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2011, 11:52:56 PM »

My mom's buying HBO in October just so I can watch it!I'm so excited to see it! :)

KelMar

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 03:03:50 AM »

My mom's buying HBO in October just so I can watch it!I'm so excited to see it! :)

What a nice mom!

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but does anyone know if there are plans to show this in the UK?? Hopefully???
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »

"

GEORGE HARRISON: LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD focuses the imaginative and inspired eye of one of cinema's most pre-eminent filmmakers on one of the world's most influential men.

???
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »

CD has 10 Tracks  u.a. Demos of My Sweet Lord and All Things Must Pass

So I guess times they will be primarily from the 1970's album.

The 96 Page Book  from the New Book Preview

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2011, 07:20:59 AM »

THE TRACKLIST:
1.My Sweet Lord (demo) 3:33
2.Run Of The Mill (demo) 1:56
3.I'd Have You Any Time (early take) 3:06
4.Mama You've Been On My Mind (demo) 3:04
5.Let It Be Me (demo) 2:56
6.Woman Don't You Cry For Me (early take) 2:44
7.Awaiting On You All (early take) 2:40
8.Behind That Locked Door (demo) 3:29
9.All Things Must Pass (demo) 4:38
10.The Light That Has Lighted The World (demo) 2:23

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 06:14:42 AM »

Wired
September 28, 2011
Dhani Harrison Honors Father George, Faces Fear of Missing Out

Dhani Harrison is trying to live in the moment.“I’m all about trying to reduce my level of ADD,” Harrison said to Wired.com by phone recently.That’s easier said than done. On Tuesday, the technopathic Harrison’s collective thenewno2 released a self-titled EP (streaming at left) on his own label HOT Records Ltd. The band also has a full-length album, due in February, that sonically explores the internet age’s manic fear of missing out.Harrison’s also weighed down by his participation in, and subsequent promotion of, Martin Scorsese’s poignant four-hour documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, arriving Oct. 5 and 6 in two parts on HBO, and his mother Olivia Harrison’s companion photo book of the same name also released Tuesday, both of which mark the 10-year anniversary of the late, great Beatle’s passing.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/dhani-harrison/
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but does anyone know if there are plans to show this in the UK?? Hopefully???

Hi Cubanheel! How are you? In the US, the George Harrison Documentary will be shown on HBO on Wednesday, 5 October 2011 and Thursday, 6 October 2011. I am one of millions that will be watching it. I do not know if HBO or Lionsgate are planning to show the George Harrison Documentary on TV in the UK or not. However, I do know this, the UK is one of the many countries in Europe that are going to get the George Harrison Documentary in a 2-DVD set to be released on 10 October 2011. This 2-DVD set will only be available in a Region 2 DVD code. The 10 October 2011 release date does not include the US especially since the US requires a Region 1 DVD code. There is no word yet as to when the 2-DVD set will be released here in the US. Since I own a Region-Free DVD Player/Recorder, I am able to purchase 2-DVD set in a Region 2 DVD code. I can't wait to receive my 2-DVD set, I'm looking forward to owning it. Take care and good luck cubanheel.       

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »

When I was programming my DVR for "George Harrison: Living in the Material World", I thought it was all in one film being broadcast over two nights. hen I find out it's in two parts. Those of you who didn't know Part 1 is HBO on Weds., Oct. 5 @ 8pm CT and 11pm. Part 2  on Thurs., Oct. 6 @ 8pm. I didn't see any listings of a later re-broadcast of part 2.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 05:19:37 AM »

When I was programming my DVR for "George Harrison: Living in the Material World", I thought it was all in one film being broadcast over two nights. hen I find out it's in two parts. Those of you who didn't know Part 1 is HBO on Weds., Oct. 5 @ 8pm CT and 11pm. Part 2  on Thurs., Oct. 6 @ 8pm. I didn't see any listings of a later re-broadcast of part 2.

Being repeated on Thurs., Oct. 13 @ 11:30am for Part 1 and Part 2 @ 1:05pm. Repeated @ 9pm for part 1 and part 2 @ 10:35pm on HBO Signature (HBOSIG).

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »

nimrod

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »

anyone seen it yet, its Thursday here in Oz  ;D

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »

anyone seen it yet, its Thursday here in Oz  ;D

How's it going mate? We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz! I'll be watching it tonight mate, I CAN'T WAIT! Take care.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 03:02:39 AM »

I saw Part 1 tonight and I LOVED IT! For all of you that haven't seen it yet, you are in for a treat. Seeing Part 1 is like watching a sequel to THE BEATLES Anthology. Just when you thought that you've seen just about every picture and film footage there is on THE BEATLES, Martin Scorsese surprises us with something new. The interviews with everyone involved are incredible! A splendid time is guaranteed for all! Take care. 

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, 08:02:43 AM »

The Early Show
October 5, 2011
Spotlight on George Harrison in new documentary

Beatle-mania hit the U.S. in the '60s and introduced us to the "Fab Four." George Harrison, the youngest - and often overlooked Beatle - was not only one of the best songwriters of his time, but also influenced a generation with his spirituality.Thanks to the HBO documentary, "George Harrison: Living in the Material World," directed by Martin Scorsese, and a book by the same name - with never-before seen pictures and letters released by his wife Olivia Harrison almost a decade after his death - the quiet Beatle is now making a lot of noise. Looking back at Harrison and his life, Ken Dashow, of Q104.3 "Breakfast With the Beatles," tells CBS News, "If you think of the Beatles as a person, you think of Paul as the face and the personality, John is the intellect. George was the soul of the Beatles."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/05/earlyshow/main20115962.shtml

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »

The Washington Post - Lifestyle
October 4, 2011
In Scorsese’s TV ode, Harrison remains an elusive Beatle

“George Harrison: Living in the Material World” is Martin Scorsese’s tender examination of the life of the quiet Beatle. It is exhaustive and loopy and it takes two nights to watch — Wednesday and Thursday on HBO.Early on, Scorsese almost does something that would have been heretically bold but also smooth. There is a photograph of the Beatles together in their earliest days, before the Cavern or Hamburg, when it was just a bunch of adolescents in a skiffle band playing at church picnics. A baby-faced Harrison is among them, barely a teenager. That shot is then quickly followed by a scene where, surrounded by lawyers, Harrison and Paul McCartney jovially sign the paperwork that begins the litigiously endless dissolution of the Beatles.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/in-scorseses-tv-ode-harrison-remains-an-elusive-beatle/2011/09/27/gIQA8sogLL_story.html

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »

Part 1 of the Martin Scorsese documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World was broadcast on HBO last night. Overall, I thought the film was excellent and well worth watching. Here are some of the aspects to the film I enjoyed:

- the new interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George Martin, Eric Clapton, Pattie Boyd, Astrid Kirchherr, Klaus Voormann and George's family
- the archival footage: lots of unseen and upgraded clips, including the George Harrison/John Lennon interview on David Frost from 1967, the It's the Beatles special from 1963 (in better quality than I've ever seen), home movies and there's even footage of George Harrison watching the Beatles' promo clip of "This Boy" from the mid-1970s.
- many rare and unseen photos, narrated on occasion by Dhani Harrison using George's letters to his parents

Definitely recommended for fans as there is plenty new here to enjoy.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »

Part 1 of the Martin Scorsese documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World was broadcast on HBO last night. Overall, I thought the film was excellent and well worth watching. Here are some of the aspects to the film I enjoyed:

- the new interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, George Martin, Eric Clapton, Pattie Boyd, Astrid Kirchherr, Klaus Voormann and George's family
- the archival footage: lots of unseen and upgraded clips, including the George Harrison/John Lennon interview on David Frost from 1967, the It's the Beatles special from 1963 (in better quality than I've ever seen), home movies and there's even footage of George Harrison watching the Beatles' promo clip of "This Boy" from the mid-1970s.
- many rare and unseen photos, narrated on occasion by Dhani Harrison using George's letters to his parents

Definitely recommended for fans as there is plenty new here to enjoy.

Hi Badgirl66! How are you? Using Dhani Harrison to read George's letters that were written to his parents was very special. What did you think of the RARE photograph that Astrid Kirchherr took of John and George inside of the very room where Stuart Sutcliffe died? That is the most emotional photograph of John and George that I have ever seen. There are so many great moments that are shown in the documentary that I do not want to spoil it for everybody. Take care.     
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.689 seconds with 83 queries.