Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Cover Versions Of Beatles Songs

<< < (14/15) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: oldbrownshoe on March 23, 2014, 08:21:42 AM ---Wow! Another reminder of why I adore the 60s so much. Accept no substitute, that was fantastic.

The roving camera on the beach idea, where people pass by in front of the subject (the Courier and Aunt Jessie in MMT / the gaggle of reporters in CUIYC.....am I making sense?) was almost entirely lifted from the final scene of the (brilliant, seriously!) Dave Clark Five film 'Catch Us If You Can'.

This clip, like Herb himself, seems to completely embody the James Bond style/Sunday Colour Supplements of the day, I can't believe he would have gone down too well with the hippies.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  There was nothing like the 60s.

Thinking about the Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass Taste Of Honey video a bit more, indeed The Beatles brought their instruments to various locales a year before in Help!  We saw them on the beach doing Another Girl, on the Salisbury Plain doing I Need You and The Night Before, and they hauled a grand piano onto the ski slopes to do Ticket To Ride...

Herb Alpert hauled a grand piano onto the beach a year later...

...an orchestra too!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: oldbrownshoe on March 23, 2014, 08:21:42 AM ---The roving camera on the beach idea, where people pass by in front of the subject (the Courier and Aunt Jessie in MMT / the gaggle of reporters in CUIYC.....am I making sense?) was almost entirely lifted from the final scene of the (brilliant, seriously!) Dave Clark Five film 'Catch Us If You Can'.

--- End quote ---

Here in the US it was called Having A Wild Weekend...

Having A Wild Weekend (Full movie )
1:27:30

Hello Goodbye:
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass   1969

Hello Goodbye:
Love Me Do

The Chipmunks-Love Me Do
The Chipmunks   1964

;D

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on March 25, 2014, 05:36:19 AM ---Love Me Do

The Chipmunks   1964

--- End quote ---

Adorable! I used to love The Chipmunks.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version