Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: beatle vids...if it ain't on youtube it ....  (Read 3203 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: beatle vids...if it ain't on youtube it ....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 04:17:57 AM »

That site is freaking awesome. I always love the SNL stuff. George singing Homeward Bound along side Paul Simon is just so beautiful. Damn. It's funny, George gets all the attention, but out of the two, I'd say Paul Simon was probably a bit more accomplished overall. Yet he looks so in awe of George. Keeps looking over at him and stuff. Unless he did that with Garfunkel too. Maybe that's just his thing.

And where on EARTH is Paul and Linda's SNL appearance? The Father Guido Sarducci one?? I would kill to see that again, but it just doesn't seem to exist anymore.  :(

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:27:57 AM »

OMG. Paul Simon and John Lennon presenting at the Grammys was the greatest thing ever. Especially when Simon's ex-partner at the time comes up to accept the award for and absent Olivia Newton John!! Brilliant!! Paul Simon: "I thought I told you to wait in the car." John: "Where's Linda?"

Oh, and I can't believe that crappy song of hers won over Elton John's Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. What the hell???

ybluokhhRP0

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »

yeah the paul and linda one was great..when he was throwing rocks at pauls window and said paul got the times mixed up...i didn't see the ringo one either...and paul did 2 appearences...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:56:09 AM »

it maybe here in tv land...http://www.tv.com/saturday-night-live/show/365/videos.html&pg=0&category=?tag=pagination;1 but there are 36 pages......i got tired of looking.. ;D

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »

i just watched Samurai Night Fever..........john was so funny.2 bad he passed so young.....

DoBotherMe

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »

I think many respected musicians did recognize George's talent and accomplishments, at least that's what I've read. Dana ; )

That site is freaking awesome. I always love the SNL stuff. George singing Homeward Bound along side Paul Simon is just so beautiful. Damn. It's funny, George gets all the attention, but out of the two, I'd say Paul Simon was probably a bit more accomplished overall. Yet he looks so in awe of George. Keeps looking over at him and stuff. Unless he did that with Garfunkel too. Maybe that's just his thing.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:57:50 AM »

Quote from: 284
i just watched Samurai Night Fever..........john was so funny.2 bad he passed so young.....

I found it! It's on that site you originally posted. I was looking under the '70's though and it was 1980. First time I've seen that since it originally aired! AWESOME and freaking hysterical. Thanks for posting the site!!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:59:15 AM »

Quote from: 1380
I think many respected musicians did recognize George's talent and accomplishments, at least that's what I've read. Dana ; )

They all seem to have. But I think his being a Beatles sometimes made him outshine others who are just as talented when he played with them.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 03:03:58 AM »

Quote from: 216
OMG. Paul Simon and John Lennon presenting at the Grammys was the greatest thing ever. Especially when Simon's ex-partner at the time comes up to accept the award for and absent Olivia Newton John!! Brilliant!! Paul Simon: "I thought I told you to wait in the car." John: "Where's Linda?"

Oh, and I can't believe that crappy song of hers won over Elton John's Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. What the hell???

ybluokhhRP0

I wish some people who are more familiar with the Simon and Garfunkel situation would comment on this. Did they just break up? Did they hate each other? They seem pretty angry up there, yet they joke about it a bit. Also, had Paul Simon already whined about his writing all the songs? Which is why I guess Art made the: "are you still writing Paul?" joke. And I guess this is when Art was getting into acting which explains Paul's comeback. It all seems a bit mean spirited. I wonder if Paul Simon even knew Art was there. Things were so different back then. And John is just funny in general, but of course pushes things a bit! Anyway, any insight???

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »

ok the sneaky low don't is......well let me be frank...paul is a jew...and they hold grudges''''he was an art hater"...he had art edited off the album simon and garfunkel return to central park...and when he released the album art wanted royalties but paul told him he was not on it....i don't know why they fell out tho....

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 05:26:16 AM »

ok the sneaky low don't is......well let me be frank...paul is a jew...and they hold grudges''''he was an art hater"...he had art edited off the album simon and garfunkel return to central park...and when he released the album art wanted royalties but paul told him he was not on it....i don't know why they fell out tho....

Edited off? His singing? I don't even get how he could do that if it was a Simon and Garfunkel album. Confused. But they've gotten together since then, so I don't think he holds a grudge as strong as some Liverpudlians we're familiar with. Although, we'll really never know about that though will we.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »

nice thanks
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 12:45:20 PM »

no never........just because they ruin you financially doesn't mean they hate you...

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »

wow I never knew about this web-site. so cool (balloon) it's like a food reserves HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »

Hey pc, do you know many Jews? I do, and I'm not sure I can say they hold grudges any more than Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese, or "Americans" (whatever the heck we are).

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »

i know quite a few lex...i do not lightly make comparisons based on whimsy.....

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »

i know quite a few lex...i do not lightly make comparisons based on whimsy.....

Sorry about your experiences, then. Hope it helps to know they are not universal!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:44 AM »

in the business you meet all kinds of every different bodies...i did not say i hated anyone tho...i tend to deal with people not by race,religion or color but by my interaction with them...preconcieved notions are for the preconcieved... ;D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 82 queries.