Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: At The Speed Of Sound  (Read 6949 times)

Wayne L.

At The Speed Of Sound
« on: February 17, 2005, 04:18:17 PM »

At The Speed Of Sound is mostly a mediocre album from Paul & his band Wings with only a few highlights since it sounds like a masterpiece these days almost 30 years later but he was competing with himself with the Beatles compilation Rock & Roll Music.  The impact of Paul McCartney & Wings during the 70's is only minimal at best despite popular albums & popular singles in the era of Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alice Cooper & Elton John as well as the disco fad.  ATSOS could have been much better while it showcases McCartney with his usual mainstream tendencies like Silly Love Songs, Let Em'In, Beware My Love & Warm & Beautiful but he knew how to stay " relevant " as a former Beatle with a huge U. S. tour at the time.  

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: At The Speed Of Sound
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 04:22:49 PM »

What's the point of this thread? ::)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
What's the point of this thread? ::)

What's the point with your ludicrous threads Mairi & everybody else to make it fair?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 04:33:40 PM »

I'm just saying, that it's basically just a rant on WATSOS and doesn't realy have any relevance. And how are my threads ludicrous?

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 04:45:41 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
I'm just saying, that it's basically just a rant on WATSOS and doesn't realy have any relevance. And how are my threads ludicrous?

You don't knoww hat thehell you're talking about most of the time in your threads concerning the Beatles or anything else!!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 04:49:37 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.

You don't knoww hat thehell you're talking about most of the time in your threads concerning the Beatles or anything else!!!!

Yup.  Here's Wayne adding more joy and love to the Beatles group.

What an ass.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 05:25:24 PM »

LMAO that was so funny! I think... haha... oh, thanks for the entertainment, Wayne.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 05:48:43 PM »

Yeah, you have to consider the source.

Like Nixon lecturing on Ethics.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

Hey, Mairi, what's the meaning of you asking what's the relevance of this thread?

It's about .... a Paul album, & it's in the Paul section. What's your hassle?

Wayne is knowledgeable about rock in general, and the Beatles in particular. I enjoy reading his posts, and have not replied to them cos largely I agree with him.

I think it's dreadful on this forum how some people are regarded as targets, and get sneered and jeered at all the time.

Any decent, serious Beatle board ought to value people like Wayne. At least he's a cut above the "gushers" that abound here. And he's certainly a more valuable contributor than those who set themselves up as saviors.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

Yeah, right.

Wayne made his own bed.  You enjoy punking those you disagree with, so you have no room to preach.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 07:54:44 PM »

Quote from: Mr_Charlie
Yeah, right.

Wayne made his own bed.

Wayne L.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 08:29:53 PM »

ATSOS is a MEDIOCRE album even though it sounds like a masterpiece almost 30 years later.  Paul was trying to relevant in the 70's as a former Beatle with his band Wings with popular albums & popular singles but little impact.  

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 09:33:10 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

See, you get it wrong EVERY time.

Sorry, but unfortunately I don't.  You, Maria, have confessed to enjoying a good fight and not being one to back down.  Whether you're right or wrong, it doesn't matter.  

But I do punk those who try to bully, who throw their weight around, who have small-man syndrome - hey YOU know.

Yes I do.  That would be you.  

I also don't like people who are arrogant - but have nothing to be arrogant about!

Well then that would explain your own self-loathing and your need to put it onto others.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 09:39:47 PM »

ATSOS is a MEDIOCRE album even though it sounds like a masterpiece almost 30 years later.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 09:45:54 PM »

Hey, Mairi, what's the meaning of you asking what's the relevance of this thread?

What's the meaning?

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »

See, you get it wrong EVERY time. I don't "punk" those I disagree with. Agree, disagree - it doesn't matter. But I do punk those who try to bully, who throw their weight around, who have small-man syndrome - hey YOU know. I also don't like people who are arrogant - but have nothing to be arrogant about!

Just ignore 'it'. 'It' thrives on confrontation, and if you let 'it' go, 'it' will go away. If there is nothing for 'it' to swing at, 'it' is at a loss. If you, Wayne, or I say anything, 'it' will continue 'its' baiting and it never ends. Post your thoughts, you have every right, and if 'it' takes issue, so be it. The only one that looks like a fool is the one who perpetuates these things because they can't function at an intellectual level, just base insults that don't accomplish anything. Take the high road and if it makes 'it' feel better by ranting, feel sorry for 'it' and go on to the next topic. I have made the mistake of stooping to 'its' level, and I won't do it anymore. I'm above that and you should be as well.

Wayne L.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 11:45:07 PM »

Quote from: Mr_Charlie

Whether I agree with your opinion or not, in this particular instance, I must go back to the beginning of the thread and say that Mairi was not wrong in questioning your point because we are all pretty sick of your constant negative useless declararions.

But it IS a Paul forum and your thread WAS on-topic and tho I found your shrill and hysterical reply to her out of line as usual (if you're going to sh*t on people you'd better get better used to being shat on back) you were certainly within your rights to post the original thought.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 12:32:13 AM »

Come on guys,,,,enough already.

This album always fell into the middle of the road for me. 'Beware My Love' rocks pretty good and should have been a hit. 'Must Do Something About It' and 'She's My Baby' (great melody) are a few others I like a lot. 'Sally G' is a nice bonus track that I always enjoyed since I listened to it as the B-side on the 'Juniors Farm' 45. Anyways,,,as almost everything Macca does, I enjoy it.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 02:49:42 AM »

Why is it you don't have an opinion on the Beatles on this site which is why you're here unless you're an idiot?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 06:02:59 AM »

What's this Maria stuff, Charlie? Is it a subtle insult? No, it's you talking and you are not a subtle fellow! I have been told about a former poster here who I'm supposed to write like. That means nothing. I've seen people write like you before. They were funny. So are you.

Charlie, you are one of nature's silly people. I'm sure if I met you, I'd go away from you later, gently shaking my head, wondering how it could be that there could be such a person as you.

I look forward to your reply, with the usual (a) bad language or (b) unoriginality or (c) both. I vote (c)!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 75 queries.