Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 342747 times)

Maggie0819

• One And One Is Two
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #2800 on: May 04, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »

Today was wonderfully sunny and warm. So warm that we even had a lovely picnic in the park outside our house! Definitely a nice change from all the rain.  :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2801 on: May 04, 2016, 05:21:52 PM »

Cloudy, rainy, drizzly and cool for over a week they say!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2802 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:51 PM »

That must have been the front that hung over NoDak for almost two weeks, Dave. Now we are finally getting some sun and warm temps.

KelMar

« Reply #2803 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:28 PM »

That must have been the front that hung over NoDak for almost two weeks, Dave. Now we are finally getting some sun and warm temps.

That's what we were supposed to have until Saturday (the bad front that is) but as I look at the sky I see quite a bit of blue. I'll take it!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2804 on: May 04, 2016, 11:50:46 PM »

It's cold.  It's a cold place.
I can stay till it's time to go

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #2805 on: May 06, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »

Pretty nice over here. Heading out for our first major cycling trip for the season.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2806 on: May 07, 2016, 03:21:34 AM »

That's what we were supposed to have until Saturday (the bad front that is) but as I look at the sky I see quite a bit of blue. I'll take it!
Today turned out better than I thought! It was mostly cloudy but with some sun and a little warmer. it's raining again tonight1 Oh well!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2807 on: May 07, 2016, 03:43:21 AM »

^^^
Sounds just like here Dave.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2808 on: May 07, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »

Finally enjoying sitting in my back yard in shorts.  Still another month before we open the pool, it ain’t that warm.........
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

KelMar

« Reply #2809 on: May 07, 2016, 07:54:40 PM »

I've thought about changing into shorts today but just didn't take the time. It's certainly not too cool for them. It's not 70 but warm enough.  :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2810 on: May 07, 2016, 11:14:51 PM »

^

Did I hear 70?

http://youtu.be/6fEoTJ7bpjw

Yeah!  Alright, alright, alright!  Yeah!
I can stay till it's time to go

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2811 on: May 08, 2016, 09:07:41 PM »

Wholly puck, it dropped down to 6 degrees Today.  Feels like a cold Fall day!!!  icon_mad
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2812 on: May 08, 2016, 09:23:12 PM »

Even though it's cold and rainy we got a smoke tree , hostas and some forget me nots planted. The cross bars for the trellis painted and ready to go up! Progress, progress!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2813 on: May 08, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »

Even though it's cold and rainy we got a smoke tree , hostas and some forget me nots planted. The cross bars for the trellis painted and ready to go up! Progress, progress!

You New Englanders are a tough lot, out working in the rain! Speaking of New Englanders Dave, I found a book online that tells all about Lt. Ben's service during the Revolutionary War. Seems he fought in the Battle of Harlem Heights on Manhattan Island, among other things. DAR here I come!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2814 on: May 09, 2016, 01:38:43 AM »

That's very cool! My 5th Great G-father was an oarsman in Washington's boat when they crossed the Delaware to Trenton. He fought at Pelham Bay and Long Island too. After his enlistment was up he became a privateer and got captured and sent to Partmoor Prison!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2815 on: May 09, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »

Another long, dreary week of overcast skies and rain here. Sooooo tired of it.  :(

KelMar

« Reply #2816 on: May 10, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »

That's very cool! My 5th Great G-father was an oarsman in Washington's boat when they crossed the Delaware to Trenton. He fought at Pelham Bay and Long Island too. After his enlistment was up he became a privateer and got captured and sent to Partmoor Prison!

Do you mean Dartmoor Prison Dave? Either way, that's an unfortunate ending to his career. But interesting for us all these years later!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2817 on: May 10, 2016, 03:19:57 AM »

Yes, Dartmoor Prison. As a privateer his ship got into a battle with two British frigates and he was captured and taken to England and imprisoned. he was released after 2 years because he tended the wounded of both sides during the battle. After the war he went back to sea and sailed the China Trade. I have the names of the ships in the battle buried in my history stuff up in the attic. If I ever find it I'll post it along!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2818 on: May 10, 2016, 03:21:36 AM »

Another long, dreary week of overcast skies and rain here. Sooooo tired of it.  :(
We're finally coming out of the clouds for a stretch It's been a while.
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2819 on: May 10, 2016, 03:24:46 AM »

Yes, Dartmoor Prison. As a privateer his ship got into a battle with two British frigates and he was captured and taken to England and imprisoned. he was released after 2 years because he tended the wounded of both sides during the battle. After the war he went back to sea and sailed the China Trade. I have the names of the ships in the battle buried in my history stuff up in the attic. If I ever find it I'll post it along!

It's so amazing that you know all that! And I didn't know about Dartmoor Prison or even what a privateer was; I had to look them up.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 204

Page created in 0.617 seconds with 80 queries.