Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All Things Must Pass Question  (Read 7961 times)

Sadie4

• Getting Better
Re: All Things Must Pass Question
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »

Apart from being a Beatles fan, I love Bob Dylan! I find his vouce very sexy, specially in songs like "The story of Hurricane Carter" or "Riomance in durango", where he sings in Spanish and that makes me go wild! I just love Bob dylan. His religious period is also great, I love "Man gave names to all the animals". And Freewheelin', the whole album is just amazing. JOHN was potty on dylan, remember that!
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 01:42:44 AM »

[quote by=colleen link=Blah.pl?b=harrison,m=1082078314,s=5 date=1082245658]Wow, I did not know this! [/quote]

me too  :o

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 03:56:16 PM »

Quote from: Maria
Dylan songs that George Harrison sung, or was associated with:

I'd Have You Anytime (co-written)
If Not For You
I Don't Want To Do It
Abandoned Love (on many boots)
Absolutely Sweet Marie
Every Grain Of Sand

Several Wilburys tracks of course: eg, Dirty World, Congratulations, She's My Baby, Wilbury Twist, Where Were You Last Night.

Have I missed any?

Bob Dylan has written so many songs at so many levels, that no one can really dismiss him out of hand. Uncle Bob has something for everyone!

Yep, strange indeed in you but you've missed some (check bootlegs of the Get Back projet).
I've heard on the radio that the favourite song of George EVER was Bob's Every Grain Of Sand ... even I've heard (and recorded from the same radio programme) a demo of it that George made on an acoustic guitar.
I guess he loved the lyrics more than the melody, good lyrics and the moment whenI heard it was -as you might guess- the same day he died and the mournful feeling was even deepest. I understood why it was not on his Brainwashed but I've heard he wanted to be included on the album he was recording (the last one) so his wishes were others. Hope it's on the next album.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 04:09:18 PM »

Quote from: Sadie4
Apart from being a Beatles fan, I love Bob Dylan! I find his vouce very sexy, specially in songs like "The story of Hurricane Carter" or "Riomance in durango", where he sings in Spanish and that makes me go wild! I just love Bob dylan. His religious period is also great, I love "Man gave names to all the animals". And Freewheelin', the whole album is just amazing. JOHN was potty on dylan, remember that!

You mean "Romance in Durango" (Desire LP), Vicky.
"Riomance" is an invented sunnish word (by Vicky): Rio + Romance (River + Romance).
Funny if the story was by a river. The lyrics are very (too) cliche about the mexican culture (mixed with some spanish things). Anyway, it's weird (nearly funny) listen Bob inserting sunnish words here and there.

Durango is a mexican city which name comes from a spanish one.

P.S. John said once he didn't like Bob's stuff so much as people thought ... it was George. Probably it was so at late 60s but not in mid 60s.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 42 queries.