Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 638550 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8480 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »

Joost - Who loves me back more? The one who absoloutely adores me wants me to convert; the other one has a history of womanising and fear of commitment.....
In a way that makes it easier, I guess. You can tell the first one that he'll just have to accept you the way you are, and you can tell the second that it can only work if he's willing to commit. Their responses should tell you if they love you enough or not.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8481 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »

I swear my teenagers will drive me to drink ......  :-\

nimrod

« Reply #8482 on: June 27, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »

I swear my teenagers will drive me to drink ......  :-\

they do get nicer ;)

KelMar

« Reply #8483 on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:44 AM »

they do get nicer ;)

Kevin's right; they do! It can be quite startling when it happens too. Good thing since my two (23 and 25) have come back to the nest for a little while. It's quite fun having them around. Hang in there Kathy!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8484 on: June 28, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »

Thanks, Kevin and Kelley! I feel reassured. They're basically good kids, but some days I just get soooo frustrated   >:(

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8485 on: June 28, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »

It gets even better when they're in their 30's and have kids of their own and publicly tell family and freinds that they understand how hard you worked for them and that your the inspiration for how they raise their own! It all comes around!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8486 on: June 28, 2013, 10:20:09 PM »

It gets even better when they're in their 30's and have kids of their own and publicly tell family and freinds that they understand how hard you worked for them and that your the inspiration for how they raise their own! It all comes around!

Oh, I look forward to that! There are times I feel very unappreciated. But that's just teenagers, I guess, right?  ;D

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8487 on: June 29, 2013, 01:40:23 AM »

teenagers is, as teenagers does! I used to love to embaress them by yelling "I love you" when I dropped them with their friends! Theres all kinds of ways to add a little humble to their silly little lives!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8488 on: June 29, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »

teenagers is, as teenagers does! I used to love to embaress them by yelling "I love you" when I dropped them with their friends! Theres all kinds of ways to add a little humble to their silly little lives!

Omigosh, their dad and I do stuff like that all the time!  ha2ha  I will have to tell my girls that they are not the only teenagers getting lovingly embarrassed by their parents.

I've been jokingly teasing them that one day while I'm waiting in the car to pick them up from summer classes, I'm going to blast some goofy music with the windows down and ask all the students streaming out of the building if they know them. You should see the looks on their faces -- pure horror! Ha ha. 

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8489 on: June 29, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »

Omigosh, their dad and I do stuff like that all the time!  ha2ha  I will have to tell my girls that they are not the only teenagers getting lovingly embarrassed by their parents.

I've been jokingly teasing them that one day while I'm waiting in the car to pick them up from summer classes, I'm going to blast some goofy music with the windows down and ask all the students streaming out of the building if they know them. You should see the looks on their faces -- pure horror! Ha ha.
Embaressing your teenagers can become an art form!!! You have to do it before they get their liscences and a car because at that point your out of the picture. It's good to add in private conversation when they complain that the more they pitch in with laundry, yard work, roomcleaning and cooperating in general in an adult manner the more you will treat them like an adult! In all good humor of course! If you can find Disney CD's like Snow White to play out the window that just kills em'. A bright red Pippy Longstocking wig does the trick too!!! Not that I did that  roll:)
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8490 on: July 01, 2013, 06:43:19 AM »

That is just wonderful Dave! I don't know if mine would ever do that but I am just happy that they both got through their teen years without giving us any trouble that really mattered. My son is very even tempered so he was pretty easy to get along with. His sister is the strong-willed one with lots of big ideas but when she makes me frustrated I just remind myself that she saved a life a few years ago and that calms me down!

Bobber

« Reply #8491 on: July 02, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8492 on: July 02, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »

Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8493 on: July 02, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »

If you can find Disney CD's like Snow White to play out the window that just kills em'.

Great idea! I'd been threatening Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus," but I think I like your idea better.  ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8494 on: July 02, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »

Hmmmm....was just browsing the "Magpie" thread, and I think that "Groundhog" song might just be the one.   ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #8495 on: July 02, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »

Hmmmm....was just browsing the "Magpie" thread, and I think that "Groundhog" song might just be the one.   ha2ha

Better listen to it first!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8496 on: July 02, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »

Great idea! I'd been threatening Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus," but I think I like your idea better.  ;D
I'd never stear you wrong!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8497 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »

Better listen to it first!

Y'all don't appreciate good vittles, I reckon.

Granny Clampett - Vittles
I can stay till it's time to go

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8498 on: July 02, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

nimrod

« Reply #8499 on: July 02, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

>:( >:( >:(

this is exactly the kind of 'reporting' that really p*sses me of, Im no big fan of Jagger & Richards but to ridicule somebody for being old and call it 'news' is disgusting, we all get old, even the 'reporters', besides, what has this person achieved next to them , can they fill football stadiums with fans ?
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 527

Page created in 0.731 seconds with 79 queries.