Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Microscope: Imagine  (Read 33347 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
Re: Microscope: Imagine
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2016, 09:37:31 PM »

Gimme Some Truth is my fave John song! That and maybe #9 Dream. I love the raw sound of GST (OMG never realised that before lol) and John's hammering lyrics. George's solo is pretty cool.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2019, 02:11:58 AM »

Broke this out again and have to admit that I'm on a John kick.  I'm digging his stuff like I never did before.  Hope it lasts.

KelMar

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32:30 PM »

Broke this out again and have to admit that I'm on a John kick.  I'm digging his stuff like I never did before.  Hope it lasts.

That’s one of my favorite albums, Todd. I’m glad you’re enjoying its creator.  :)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2019, 02:46:05 AM »

I find I have to be in the mood for a lot of Johns solo stuff. When I am he’s the most compelling solo Beatle to me. All that personal angst and the like poured into his stuff.

Imagine is a great album. And the recent box set provides a wealth of extra material.

I like that George is so prominent on it too. As I’ve said on other threads, even if they never got back together as a group, it would have been good to have more guest appearances on each other’s records. After Ringos Goodnight Vienna in 74 any substantive solo collaboration was pretty much over.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 44 queries.