Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Question for Guitar Players  (Read 2988 times)

blackmath

• A Beginning
Question for Guitar Players
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:07:39 PM »

hey
i can play guitar (kinda) and i wanna play beatles songs, i do also know what google is but it doesn't give me what I need. my question is:
do you know a site which has really good beatles tabs? because I really hate it when I play the songs and it sounds nothing like the actual song [it's not because i can't play the guitar, allright!] [well, actually it's because most of the tabs on web is so WRONG. i hate them. they also don't show how many strums and stuff, only the chord letter. and it's hard for me to listen to the songs over and over again so i can figure out how many times they strum the chord.]
thanks
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: Question for Guitar Players
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:13:10 AM »

hey ive uploaded this pdf which id basically got every Beatles song and guitar tab note for note for you,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SVU3UUZ6

it is a pdf file so you shall need a pdf file viewer, most pc's have adobe acrobat installed already so you could use that if you don't have it then go to http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/ and download foxit reader and install it, then open the pdf file using that.

hope that helps

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »

look you will probably think i'm stupid after reading this BUT it doesn't show me how many times i should strum the chords! -thanks for uplading though- that's why i was saying that most of the stuff show only the chord letter, nothing more. i actually downloaded that file somewhere sometime. but it wasn't really what i wanted.

do you have any other recommendations? :B

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »

Quote from: 706
look you will probably think i'm stupid after reading this BUT it doesn't show me how many times i should strum the chords! -thanks for uplading though- that's why i was saying that most of the stuff show only the chord letter, nothing more. i actually downloaded that file somewhere sometime. but it wasn't really what i wanted.

do you have any other recommendations? :B

I'm not a musician, so excuse my ignorance, but could you not just listen to the song to see how much you had to strum?

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 12:18:41 AM »

Quote from: 483

I'm not a musician, so excuse my ignorance, but could you not just listen to the song to see how much you had to strum?

yeah the strumming part isnt really something that can be taught blackmath you need to listen to the song to get the rythm and then play along to it,.

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 03:17:01 PM »

i've been working with guitar pro for ages so i never had to listen to the songs to see how many strums, and it's often hard to understand it when they are tons of instruments in a song, well it's hard for me.
anyway.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »

yeah there are some tabs/music sheets that show when to perform up strokes and down strokes but most of the tabs on the net take the notes and chords as more of a priority as the rhythm is something that is more natural just like when you tap you're feet and hands to a beat of a song.

you dont know the exact drum pattern yet you're able to unconsciously tap you're foot when its the bass pedal or tap the desk when its the snare, and thats basically the same with the guitar because in most songs it will start with a down stroke and followed by an upstroke and will continue in that pattern with the chords only changing

so basically strum you're guitar like you would tap youre feet, do it to the beat :) rhythm isnt really something that can be taught you either have it or dont.

thats not to say lessons dont help but generally you either have or you dont, much the same as when people say there tone death, lessons will help but it wont coem naturally.

hope iit helps a bit, basically dont think to much about what youre right hand is doing concentrate on the chords and what youre doing with the left hand and hopefully the right hand will coem naturally

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »

Quote from: 758
rhythm isnt really something that can be taught you either have it or dont.

now that's what i call insulting. ;D

no honestly, tapping feet to the beat & rhythm in guitar may seem similar but tapping your feet is much easier than getting the right rhythm in guitar! well it doesn't work for me that way i guess. but i'm gonna try to learn a song soon. 8)
anyway, thanks.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

no worries the best thing i can suggest is using www.guitarpro.com it is an interactive kind of tablature where it shows you what to play and also shows the rythm technique and plays at the same time as you play

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 01:05:53 PM »

ok, now i'm sure you didn't pay any attention to my words.

i've been working with guitar pro for ages

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 02:27:50 PM »

sorry missed forgot oyu had typed that well thats all there really is hope you get it sorted

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 02:17:38 PM »

thanks.

i guess there are no other guitar players on this message boards then. ::)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »

thanks.

I think their are quite a few.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:43 PM »

thanks.

There's plenty. It's just that the advise you've been given is pretty much on the button.
My girlfriend is learning the guitar and is driving me nuts. She thinks everything about a song should be on paper, like a recipe. Listen and practise, listen and practise. And when you're utterly sick of it, listen and practise some more.
don't follow leaders

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

There's also something about developing your particular style, which will come to you the more you play. Just because John strummed 3 times doesn't mean you have to. And you might need to change the key, because most boys sing lower than most girls, so you'll find yourself staggering through the basement of your vocal chords unless you transpose the chords or capo up a few bars.

I have a handy little book or chart that helps me do this quickly, since I'm kind of a musical dimwit and can't easily do it in my head yet. I'd also go to your local guitar store and talk to the staff (or a continuing ed place if you've got one). There's always at least one lovely nerd there who can set you up with a few little aids that will make your playing life easier. Good luck!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 04:30:35 PM »

"Don't think, feeeeel" Bruce Lee - Enter The Dragon
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »

I get mine from http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

lots of good ones on there
There are 7 levels!

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 75 queries.