Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jack Douglas interview  (Read 1682 times)

Jack Douglas interview
« on: October 11, 2005, 01:30:45 AM »

I've been doing a Google search to try to find out the other 2 songs JL did with Cheap Trick, and came across an interview with 'Double Fantasy' Producer Jack Douglas, and I thought some of you would get a kick out of it. The part about Yoko made me laugh:

Lou: Let me take you a little back in time. When you were working with John Lennon, did Yoko Ono get much in the way?

Jack: She didn't get in the way and I'll tell you why. Because those two could not work at the same time. If she were there, it would have been impossible. It was just impossible. I had to treat that album as two separate albums. I know that they're both artists on the record, but I had to treat it as a John album and as a Yoko album. My routine was like this: 9:00AM, breakfast with John. Yoko from 11:00 and then John would go home. Yoko from 11 o'clock until about 6:30PM. And then she would go home. John would come in at 7:00 and would work until about one or two in the morning. I never worked with both of them at the same time. It was impossible. Because she drove John crazy.

Scott: Well, speaking as a married man, I couldn't work with my wife either.

Jack: Well, yeah. Just imagine it. I have to tell you, back in the early, early 70s, I was working on "Imagine" - I was an engineer at that time. And John asked me to work with him on Yoko's stuff. And so, John was producing, I was engineering, we were doing Yoko records and on the second day of that album, John got busted for laughing. He had to leave, he was banned from the studio. And that was that. And that kinda like set the tone of how it was going to be like. The only time we worked together was when were doing a song called "Walking on Thin Ice" because John and I were playing the instruments and Yoko was singing.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Jack Douglas interview
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 01:44:13 PM »

That doesn't surprise me.

I read that Jack worked on Walking On Thin Ice on to day John was killed. It seems John said some strange things to him when leaving the studio and Jack didn't want to tell what it was. Is that still unknown?

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 05:52:25 PM »

nah that doesnt really surprise me either they didnt really have much to do with to do with each other in 1980, or not in their working lives anyway

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 12:54:50 AM »

Quote from: Bobber
That doesn't surprise me.

I read that Jack worked on Walking On Thin Ice on to day John was killed. It seems John said some strange things to him when leaving the studio and Jack didn't want to tell what it was. Is that still unknown?

Jack never disclosed what was said.

Page created in 0.486 seconds with 39 queries.