Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Red and Blue Album Remasters: Bonus Tracks or No Bonus Tracks?  (Read 3468 times)

dbone828

• A Beginning

The Beatles' 1962-1966 and 1967-1970 compilation albums, also known as the Red and Blue albums, will be remastered and re-released in October 2010, without any bonus tracks.

Your thoughts on the lack of bonus tracks? Should the albums be left as is, with the original track listing? Or should new songs be added to fill up the extra space on compact disc?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Red and Blue Album Remasters: Bonus Tracks or No Bonus Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »

I don't think bonus tracks should be used. But I'm not gonna buy these albums anyway. I bought the complete catalogue (that is all songs officially released) in September last year. That's enough.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »

u are being cheap again....lol

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:17:34 AM »

Dutch after all.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »

I think they should remain the way they were originally. Those albums were a lot of people's introduction to the Beatles, and to mess with the tracklisting would be wrong. But, like Bobber, I don't plan on buying the albums myself as I already own them on vinyl and CD. Really, they're for completeists.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:36 AM »

I think they should remain the way they were originally. Those albums were a lot of people's introduction to the Beatles, and to mess with the tracklisting would be wrong. But, like Bobber, I don't plan on buying the albums myself as I already own them on vinyl and CD. Really, they're for completeists.

I will probably buy them...  ;D

I think they should stay the same, like the 2009 Remasters. It'd be silly to do them any different.

LovelyLennon.

• One And One Is Two
  • When it gets dark I tow your heart away...
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »

They should stay the same as their original releases. Like with the 2009 remasters, it just wouldn't make sense to add bonus tracks. And I will more than likely be buying the Red and Blue remasters, I love compilation albums.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »

I've no problem with 67-70 but 62-66 could certainly be improved quite easily by adding a few songs from Revolver at the end.

I mean who can justify SIX songs from Rubber Soul and only TWO from Revolver?

Personally I'd add Taxman, And Your Bird Can Sing, For No-One and Got To Get You Into My Life.

LovelyLennon.

• One And One Is Two
  • When it gets dark I tow your heart away...
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »

I've no problem with 67-70 but 62-66 could certainly be improved quite easily by adding a few songs from Revolver at the end.

I mean who can justify SIX songs from Rubber Soul and only TWO from Revolver?

Personally I'd add Taxman, And Your Bird Can Sing, For No-One and Got To Get You Into My Life.

Wow, I forgot about that. I agree that 1962-1966 should have more Revolver songs. And I highly agree with your list, though I might swap And Your Bird Can Sing for She Said She Said, and even add I Want To Tell You.

I'm beginning to think Apple should release a standard and deluxe edition for both albums. ;) The deluxe could have some bonus songs for those who think the tracklisting isn't quite right. And the standard for the people who prefer the original tracklisting.

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 56 queries.