Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy  (Read 11764 times)

Wayne L.

Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy
« on: March 06, 2004, 08:22:21 PM »

Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy have got to be three of the worst albums ever recorded & released in the history of rock & roll since it seems Ringo was kind of lost as an artist while trying to live up to his legend as a former Beatle at the time which is why they're so bad even though A Dose Of Rock & Roll is the only gem reminiscent of It Don't Come Easy & Back Off Boogaloo which is an underrated classic from Ringo during the 70's but he has bounced back as an artist & a  rock legend with his All Starr Band along with three great albums since then like Time Takes Time, Vertical Man & Ringorama.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 11:22:58 AM »

I actually quite like Rotogravure :(

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 04:16:57 PM »

Yeah, I didn't think Rotogravure  was that bad.
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 11:56:50 PM »

he had nothing to live up too...he was always 4th in line

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 12:46:22 PM »

Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy are three of the WORST albums in the history of rock & roll as well as by any former Beatle possibly because Ringo thought his name & his legend would sell the albums anyway but you have to be an idiot if you're a Beatles fan if you actually spent your money on them because he's a former Beatle!!!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 02:30:48 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=starr,m=1078604541,s=4 date=1080909982]Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy are three of the WORST albums in the history of rock & roll as well as by any former Beatle possibly because Ringo thought his name & his legend would sell the albums anyway but you have to be an idiot if you're a Beatles fan if you actually spent your money on them because he's a former Beatle!!![/quote]

No, I bought them because I happened to like his other albums (apart from Sentimental Journey and Boucoups of Blues). I'm sad to say I didn't like much of George's solo career, so I don't have many of his albums. So, as you can see, I don't buy albums just because they are by an ex-Beatle!!

Wayne L.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 05:38:21 PM »

I would like to believe that most Beatles fans haven't bought any of John, Paul, George & Ringo's solo albums because they're from former Beatles but because they're good even though I don't think it's true most of the time.  I think Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy are three of the worst albums in the history of rock & roll & by any former Beatle with only A Dose Of Rock & Roll being the only great Ringo classic from those days. 

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 09:57:49 PM »

You definitely overstate this Wayne. With Ringo Starr, you'd be pleased if you got 4, maybe 5 good solid tracks from an album.

Lately we've been getting more than this per Ringo album, so we're right chuffed.

With Sentimental Journey, we got zero, so it was rightly called rubbish.

But with this little trio, you get two or three nice tracks on each one (maybe four even on Rotogravure). So on percentages they're not too bad.

I'd rather listen to Rotogravure than Double Fantasy or Milk and Honey!! I'd rather listen to Bad Boy and Ringo The 4th than McCartney I & II, Pipes Of Peace, Driving Rain, Off The Ground, At The Speed of Sound, Red Rose Speedway ...

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 10:01:38 PM »

Whew ... got got under the collar there.

So worst albums in the history of rock and roll ... I won't buy that unless you at least consider some of the utter rubbish McCartney has insulted us with over the years!

Besides, there are many many many worse albums than any put out by an ex-Fab!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 09:02:30 PM »

maria is starting to actually make some sense.or else my judgement is on the way out.....

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 04:57:11 PM »

I think Pipes Of Peace, Give My Regards To Broadstreet & Press To Play are three of the WORST albums Paul has done as a solo artist but Ringo still holds the title of worst albums in the history of rock & roll & by any former Beatle with Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy!!!  BTW, you have to mentally crazy & musically impaired if you think Rotogravure is better than Double Fantasy & Bad Boy is better than McCartney. 

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 09:45:48 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=starr,m=1078604541,s=10 date=1081789031]... BTW, you have to mentally crazy & musically impaired if you think Rotogravure is better than Double Fantasy & Bad Boy is better than McCartney.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 12:41:20 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=starr,m=1078604541,s=10 date=1081789031] BTW, you have to mentally crazy & musically impaired if you think Rotogravure is better than Double Fantasy & Bad Boy is better than McCartney.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 02:26:23 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=starr,m=1078604541,s=10 date=1081789031]I think Pipes Of Peace, Give My Regards To Broadstreet & Press To Play are three of the WORST albums Paul has done as a solo artist .