Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 194200 times)

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »

A month ago I watched Hancock. It was really nice. Will Smith rocks! :)
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »

In Hancock I didn`t like the first half of the film, but I enjoyed the second one, while in Dark Night it was the opposite: I liked the first half, but found the second one too protracted and full of lecturing and moralizing.

missbluesky56

• A Beginning
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »

last movie I saw was Get Smart, in July it was really funny ;D
<br />All Together Now!!! Yellow Submarine<br />

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »

August Rush
Take the movie "Olivier Twist", put then in a blender, add a little bit of "Annie" and "Good Will Hunting" (but replace maths with music), add a big pile of dog sh*t and a pound of artifical sweeteners. Then you get "August Rush".

The Mist
Good movie, excellent ending. One of the few plot twists (along with those of The Others, The Village and The Sixth Sense) that literally had my jaw dropping.

The Ruins
A little bit boring, I actually fell asleep for a few minutes. At least there were a few good horror scenes and they managed to make a movie about flesh eating plants not unintentionally funny.

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »

the strangers, it sucked. such a waste of time.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »

Quote from: 56
The Mist
Good movie, excellent ending. One of the few plot twists (along with those of The Others, The Village and The Sixth Sense) that literally had my jaw dropping.

Just finished watching this wonderful film. Brilliant performance from Marcia Gay Harden as the mad Evangelist!

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »

The Butterfly Effect
It's one of those rare movies where you wanna watch it a million times. Kinda creepy though. Just make sure you don't freak out/ watch this at night.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2008, 12:48:52 AM »

No Direction Home...great! Now I want Don't Look Back.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »

The Dark Knight
I'm not much of a superheroes fan, but I loved Batman Begins. And The Dark Knight got so many great reviews, so I was expecting a lot of this movie. And maybe that's why I actually thought it was a little bit dissapointing. Sure, there's not a boring minute, the special effects are sensational and Heath Ledger as the Joker was one of the best roles I've ever seen anyone play, but I didn't think the story was all that great... Really good movie, but maybe I just expected too much.

The Eye
I'm getting a bit tired of horror/thrillers that have you looking at a mostly dark screen 3/4 of the time, waiting for something scary to happen. That trick's really getting old. Also, why do characters in horror movies always react to things completely different than any sane real life person would? You see the ghost of a person that died a tragic death a few days earlier... Oh well, that could happen, no big deal... It happens again... Hmm, that's a little weird, still no really big deal... It happens a third time... OK, now's the time for a major panic attack...

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2008, 07:49:29 PM »

Die Welle (The wave) - although I watched it in German and didn't understand the whole film, it was a really great movie. Gonna watch it again when it comes to the Hungarian cinemas.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »

Quote from: 713
A month ago I watched Hancock. It was really nice. Will Smith rocks! :)
i just finished watching hancock...it is a great f***ing movie...a great family movie...will smith helped direct it...and it had charlize theron and jason bateman...two other great thesbians...i recommend this movie...the first half had to drag to bring about plot i figure...see it and enjoy it...  :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »

Solstice
A few months after her twin sister has committed suicide, Megan spends a few days at her parents' summer house in Louisiana with her friends. She soon finds out that the house is haunted and she thinks the ghost is her sister's. A pretty standard horror story with a nice plot twist. Not bad but not great either. Oh well, it was worth an hour and a half of my Sunday afternoon.

Wind Chill
A female student wants to go home to Delaware for the holidays and gets offered a ride by a male co-student who she doesn't know. During the six hour drive, she finds out that the guy isn't actually from Delaware but that he's obsessed with her and just wanted to spend six hours in a car with her. Then they have an accident on a deserted road and get stuck in the snow. At first this seemed to be a pretty cool psychological thriller, but eventually it turned out to be a far fetched horror story with a crappy ending.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2008, 08:39:17 AM »

Not really movies, but I've been watching the TV adaptations of Stephen King's 'Nightmares & Dreamscapes'. Mostly pretty good so far, the episode 'Battleground' about a hitman who is attached by toy soldiers is particularly good. It's rare to see an hour long film without any dialog!

Tonight I might watch the 2004 remake of Salem's Lot. Does anyone know if it's any good? The original is excellent, but seems to be pretty unavailable.

The Dude

• A Beginning
  • Abides
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »

Quote from: 483
Tonight I might watch the 2004 remake of Salem's Lot. Does anyone know if it's any good? The original is excellent, but seems to be pretty unavailable.

It's ok actually. It's a lot closer to the book than the original mini-series of 1979 and Rob Lowe does a good job as Ben Mears.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I'd say this is a good addition to the Indy saga. I lamented the use of CGI in the film (George Lucas - what else did I expect?) but it was good to see the trademark hat and whip again. Cate Blanchett was sexy as hell in this movie as well.

The Strangers - Don't waste your money. The most pointless exercise in film since the Devil's Rejects.
'Did you ever hear of the Seattle Seven? That was me.... and... six other guys.'

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:27 AM »

Forbideen Kingdom - Funny and Fantasy. Apart from the "reality" bits in the movie, its very good, and entertaining. give it a go  :) Jackie Chan and Jet Lee - awsome together!  8)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

duane v

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2008, 01:39:51 AM »

Per my daughters recommendation, we attended "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2." Actually it was quite charming :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »

Quote from: 1583
Per my daughters recommendation, we attended "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2." Actually it was quite charming :)

Alexis Bledel is in it, so how could it not be enjoyable?  :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »

The Langoliers
Very amateurish, the acting and the special effects were terrible. And the final scene was just awkward silly. And who ever came up with the idea that Balki from Perfect Strangers would make a believable bad guy?

The Big One
Rik Mayall in a somewhat serious role, not a very good idea... He should stick to smashing Adrian Edmondson's brains in and vice versa.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »

Quote from: 56
The Langoliers
Very amateurish, the acting and the special effects were terrible. And the final scene was just awkward silly. And who ever came up with the idea that Balki from Perfect Strangers would make a believable bad guy?

I love Stephen King, but the thought of electricity pylons trashing the earth is just too laughable. Sometimes you can go too far.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2008, 09:53:20 AM »

Quote from: 483

I love Stephen King, but the thought of electricity pylons trashing the earth is just too laughable. Sometimes you can go too far.

Actually they're not trashing the earth, but the past. But I agree, it's certainly not one of his better stories.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 86 queries.