Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How many of plan on reading Bill Clinton's book?  (Read 2231 times)

Wayne L.

How many of plan on reading Bill Clinton's book?
« on: June 21, 2004, 01:03:17 PM »

I plan on reading Bill Clinton's autobiography My Life when it's available at the local library probably in the fall speaking as a non-partisan political watcher while I expect the hardcore Clinton fanatics in the Democratic Party to pick it up tomorrow or later this week with Clinton overshadowing John Kerry before the convention which isn't too smart politically speaking.  I expect it to sell millions of copies even though there's nothing new since he blames everybody else except himself for the scandals that erupted during his presidency in the 90's while I think Crazy From The Heat from David Lee Roth, Kiss & Makeup by Gene Simmons & Stone Alone by Bill Wyman(I wouldn't buy them) are a whole lot better but not taken as seriously by the media.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Re: How many of plan on reading Bill Clinton's book?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 05:48:56 PM »

What the hell are you talking about.  You start off with a little Clinton bashing and end with Gene Simmons not being taken seriously by the media.  ?????
You think these books are better, but you wouldn't buy them.  And use the freaking period key.  If you say non-partisan political watcher again, ARGGHH.
you've said it enough, and what the hell is a "political watcher".  Sounds like a wannabe trainspotter or something. 

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 10:09:53 PM »

The book looks interesting.......it's quite lengthy anyway.......I'm not a big enough Clinton fan to put down the money to buy it though.......maybe in the future, I'll give it a look.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 03:48:41 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1087822997,s=0 date=1087822997] I expect it to sell millions of copies even though there's nothing new since he blames everybody else except himself for the scandals that erupted during his presidency in the 90's  [/quote]

Bullsh*t.

He quite candidly says he was wrong about the affair, about hurting his family and lying to everyone.  He repeatedly acknowledges his mistakes. 

Yes, he still blames Ken Starr because that bastard was like the Ashcrofts of today, misusing his power in a political vendetta.  He should have been brought up on charges IMO.

Personally I won't buy it but wait until it gets to the library, and if I'm in the mood I might check it out.  1,000 pages is a LOT of crap to slog thru.

strutter84

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 05:09:04 AM »

That's no longer than the Lord of the Rings.  I'll probably read the book sometime.  I'm reading the Silmarillion again at the moment, so I'm not rushing out to buy it, but I'll get around to it sometime.

LonelyPeople

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:33:04 PM »

I'll just steal it from our local bookstore.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 05:37:40 PM »

Not a bad idea.....and then you can give it to the library......steal from the rich Walden's....give to the poor, low funded government institutions.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 47 queries.