Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Another Day

(1/5) > >>

tkitna:
Was partying with my best friend this weekend and 'Another Day' came on while we were sitting there. My buddies a John guy, but he said 'Listen to how smooth that bastard is'. It never dawned on me, but Paul was pretty damn smooth on this song. I have no idea why I posted this, but it was just kind of shocking coming from his mouth and its something I never really thought about before. We usually say these things about John is all.

Carry on

Hello Goodbye:
It was Paul's first solo single release.  I love this song, Todd!  It deserves another listen...

Paul McCartney - Another Day (1971)

Here's how it sounded at the Get Back Sessions in January, 1969

Another Day at Twickenham Sessions 1969

zipp:

--- Quote from: tkitna on April 08, 2013, 12:59:01 AM ---Was partying with my best friend this weekend and 'Another Day' came on while we were sitting there. My buddies a John guy, but he said 'Listen to how smooth that bastard is'. It never dawned on me, but Paul was pretty damn smooth on this song. I have no idea why I posted this, but it was just kind of shocking coming from his mouth and its something I never really thought about before. We usually say these things about John is all.

--- End quote ---

When you say 'smooth' is that a good thing? In England a smooth bastard is not a compliment.

tkitna:

--- Quote from: zipp on April 08, 2013, 02:55:45 PM ---When you say 'smooth' is that a good thing? In England a smooth bastard is not a compliment.

--- End quote ---

No, its a good thing and not saying he's a f**. We mean that there's no rough edges to his voice and that he makes it sound effortlessly (sp?).

glass onion:
well,here in England,i wouldn't mind being called a 'smooth bastard',in fact I would definitely take it as a compliment,in fact.another day has always been a fave song in my paul cannon,a terrific early single. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version