Other music forums > Musician's Corner

Anyone know a good bass?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Lenny Pane:
the rick bass's are awsome .. ask Apps . he plays one in our tribute band .. he's probably the man to talk to though... but if your looking for fender, try the presisions there nice fender Bass's.. look on Ebay .. your definately get one for the price you wanna pay :)

RICKENBACKER325:
If your looking for a good bass I would suggest a US Fender Precision bass or a US Fender Jazz bass. Ultimately I would look for a 62' reissue Fender p- bass. The late great James Jamerson of Motown's legendary Funk brothers played one and he was one of the best finger style players I've ever heard. The bass also lends itself very well to slap style also. They can be found as cheap as $400.00 to $850.00us. So Lennonlemon where are you located? I may be able to put on a seller or a bass in your area, if your in the states. 8)

Indica:
I agree, a Fender Jazz or P* Bass.
Ive got a P Squire, and its a great bass.
Jazz has a bigger body, and the neck is more slim.
I think Rickinbackers are great, but costly for what you get.

Fender is alot more versatile 8)

An Apple Beatle:
Totally agree with Ric n Indy on this one.Infact for that monet I would insist! lol...Get in touch with Ric 325 NOW!!!...Good luck dude!
I'm re-visiting Larry Graham (Precision) at the moment....What a funkster! Also The great Floyd albums use the classic precision..The list would be endless on what fantastic albums they appear on but they are reasons alone.
Try n get a US made model if you can..much better than the cheaper Mexican models....Ebay can get you a bargain and maybe a bass with some more character but it's probably best to try before you buy with that amount. Shop maybe the most sensible. ;)

lennonlemon:
Thanks guys for the reply, I'll make sure to think hard bout it.

I'm just wondering, but what do you guys think about a fender '51 precision bass. my friend knows a guy who's selling one rather cheap.

Yeah, James Jamerson and Larry Graham were two great bassists. i love the bassline on thank you (falettinme be mice elf again).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version