Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Freedom Of Speech  (Read 10260 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Freedom Of Speech
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 02:53:35 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Excuse me, are Scotland, England and Wales three different countries? Or parts of Great Britain? And where`s Wales` flag? What about Northern Ireland and its flag? it is a part of Britain, isn`t it? Why is Ireland there? Oh, so many questions, though.

England, Scotland, and Wales are the three countries that make up the island of 'Great Britain' - the largest island of the 'British Isles'. The U.K. is 'The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland'. The N. Irleland flag is represented on The Union Flag. The Welsh flag is not, as at the time of the union, Wales was part of England. Ireland is not part of the U.K., as it is a republic.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »

Quote from: 483

The three different flags are for three different countries. The Union flag is for the UK.

I was just trying to be funny. I know what they stand for obviously!  :P

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 09:39:17 PM »

Excuse me, BlueMeanie, and how long have Scotland, England and Wales been 3 countries? This is a revelation to me. Is it because they have separate assemblies now? Or has total devolution taken place? Or is it just wishful thinking of their population? Can they inter the EU separately?

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Excuse me, BlueMeanie, and how long have Scotland, England and Wales been 3 countries? This is a revelation to me. Is it because they have separate assemblies now? Or has total devolution taken place? Or is it just wishful thinking of their population? Can they inter the EU separately ?

I don't know if you meant it like this Jane, but this can be taken in a pretty funny way ... wikipedia says "inter" means "to bury". So "can the countries of Great Britain bury the EU separately?" . I don't know a lot about British politics, but aren't there a lot of people there that want to do just that?   :)

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

Oh, alexis! I can`t stop laughing!!!  ;D    If all the countries of Britain can bury the EU separately, what will the effect be if they do it all together? Yeah...!

Well, certainly, i meant enter the EU. I saw the mistake, but didn`t know that meaning, otherwise i would have corrected it. Instead I thought: Ah, it`s clear all the same...However, the consequences are absolutely different!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 44 queries.