Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If The Singles Were On The Albums  (Read 7620 times)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
Re: If The Singles Were On The Albums
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 12:32:47 AM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1095904840,s=19 date=1101859755]In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a bad comment about Rubber Soul... till now that is! :)
[/quote]

I used to not like it very much and held Help! in much higher regard, until I gave it another listen or two.  Rubber Soul in an incredible album and definitely ranks up there.

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 10:42:30 AM »

Well, I'm sorry if I seemed to abase your "perfect  little album". By the way, when I said "'m Looking Through You was another good one, I actually meant You Won't See Me - but when I listened to I'm Looking Through You again, I still reckoned that was OK. The Word is alright too - I actually just finished listening to Rubber Soul just then... OK, maybe I overreacted about Rubber Soul, but still, you gotta admit, it can't hold a candle to Sgt. Pepper. Or Magical Mystery Tour for that matter.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 01:14:56 PM »

[quote by=Revolution_9 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1095904840,s=21 date=1101984150]Well, I'm sorry if I seemed to abase your "perfect

Revolver

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

How about Rain and Paperback Writer on Revolver.

And, if were getting creative, how about Take One of Strawberry Fields on Revolver, also.

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »

[quote by=Revolution_9 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1095904840,s=21 date=1101984150]Well, I'm sorry if I seemed to abase your "perfect

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2004, 10:09:20 PM »

Rubber Soul is the best album, and I think In My Life is the best song. Or is it Nowhere Man?

Anyway, why don't you make your own Sgt Peppers cd with Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane in it?

Good idea that, I might do it myself.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2004, 10:36:46 PM »

Rubber Soul is my personal favourite Album.
just..utter Brilliance
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 02:55:50 AM »

Rubber Soul is what convinced me that the Beatles were above and beyond everything else.  I'd heard Pepper and Abbey ROad, but as soon as I ran through Rubber Soul i was completely hooked.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2004, 02:26:08 PM »

[quote by=Jake link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1095904840,s=25 date=1103062160]
Anyway, why don't you make your own Sgt Peppers cd with Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane in it?[/quote]

Yeah, I've done that. And I put Only a Northern Song in between She's Leaving Home and the Benefit, 'cause that had a place earlier on in the album, too.

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2004, 02:44:19 PM »

[quote by=Revolution_9 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1095904840,s=13 date=1101441132]

They're crap.[/quote]

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to apologise to the following people:

• Crazy Diamond

Frightwolf
The End
[/list]

who apparently were offended by my reference of "In My Life", "If I Needed Someone" and "Girl" inter alia as "crap". In truth, I really had no idea what I was saying. I hadn't had much insight into Rubber Soul, having listened to the album in it's entirety only twice. I now, understandably, regret having said all the nasty things I've said in the past about Rubber Soul, and, as I've said before, I enforce the fact that every single song on the album is a masterpiece. After all, Rubber Soul is "the all-important stepping stone towards the new type of music explored on and after Revolver".
We're all loving Beatles fans here, so let's not put down our band's albums. Except, of course, Yellow Submarine. It's only got 6 decent songs on it. What they should have done was create an EP like they did with Magical Mystery Tour, using the items from Side One. Or, even better, made an LP of all the new and old songs that appeared on the Yellow Submarine film. But then again, I guess what has been done has been done, and we all love the Beatles for who they are/were.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2004, 03:08:32 AM »

I love every song on Rubber Soul, except for one single song-"What Goes On", one of my least favorite beatle songs of all time

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
  • In my life....I love you more
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2004, 12:54:59 AM »

I know this is all hypothetical, but y'know, I wouldn't want to add or subtract a song from any Beatles album.  They're classics as they are, and other than the Yellow Submarine soundtrack are perfect examples of how to conceive, construct and perform songs; songs that are at first glance simple, but have enough twists and turns in them to make playing them faithfully a challenge.

It's the little, hardly noticeable things that they did that made the songs and the albums great.  I prefer to keep them as they are and besides, if you have Past Masters 1 & 2 albums you've got the singles that were left off the albums.  Those two make for great listening on their own.   ;)

Here's another clue for you all; the Walrus was Paul...

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2004, 11:39:36 AM »

[quote by=Will_Campbell link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1095904840,s=31 date=1103676899]Past Masters 1 & 2 ... make for great listening on their own.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 66 queries.