Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Football!  (Read 24000 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Football!
« Reply #480 on: February 20, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »

I thought I'd bring this topic up again.

So, do we still have some football (soccer, that is) fans here?

I've supported PSV ever since I was a little kid. Even though I don't have a season ticket I rarely miss a home match. And every once in a while I try to catch a game somewhere else. Next week I'm going to see Club Brugge against Standard Luik in Belgium.

I also play football myself, as a full back or side midfielder, but I'm absolutely terrible.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »

Football used to be my biggest love as a kid. I could play every day, each day. Used to watch tons of games, make lists with favourite players, play FIFA (EA Sports) on PC like crazy etc. The Spanish league was my favourite, with Real Madrid as the team I supported. I still watch the occasional Champions League game or the Spanish 'el clasico', but I wouldn't say it's an interest of mine anymore. Likewise, I still play occasionally - as a right forward. Was selected for the school team a few times, so that's gotta count for something.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:08:25 PM by Ovi »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

Was selected for the school team a few times, so that's gotta count for something.

I played one match for the A1 (highest youth team) of my local club a long time ago. But the reason for that was simple: I played in the A2 and the A1 needed an extra player and came to get one from us. My team mates suggested that the A1 would take me, which they did. I'm not sure if they knew that my team just wanted to get rid of me.  ha2ha

My dad was a really good football player though. He was the star of his local amateur club and once got an offer to play professional football for Willem II (which he turned down because he thought he was already to old to become a professional). I heard that my grandfather was also pretty good. And one of his cousins even made it to the national team and later became manager for PSV. Too bad I didn't inherit their football genes.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Page created in 0.475 seconds with 38 queries.