Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Favourite Movie  (Read 22559 times)

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
Re: Favourite Movie
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2004, 03:12:01 AM »

A Hard Days Night is still my favorite followed by Help! then Yellow Submarine, Magical Mystrery Tour and Let It Be. I might also add that Let It Be can be almost painful to watch at times. Sad  :(to see a  the group implode.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2004, 03:59:39 PM »

Yeah, Let It Be is undoubtedly the worst....it's so depressing.....Magical Mystery Tour is next in line because of the nonvideo segments dragging on forever most of the time....I can stand the other three films though, with AHDN and YS being true classics.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Janice

• A Beginning
  • Hey, it's a thingy! A fiendish thingy!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2004, 10:34:22 PM »

Well, YS bores me after awhile (I hate to say), I haven't seen MMT in over 6 years and I remember it being really weird, and I haven't seen LIB, so that leaves AHDN and Help!, but I gotta go with Help! (tough decision!!)... there's so many little stupid things in it that make it hilarious. I love random humor! When my computer starts, I have the sound of the part where Ringo and John are in the elevator play:

R: What was it that first attracted you to me?
J: Well, you're very polite, aren't you?

lol.
"I see the sun again, I ain't ever lookin' back,
All the dreams are comin' true as I think of you,
Now there's nothing in the way to stop me heading for the light."

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2004, 03:15:42 PM »

i like help, it's a fun, 60's movie,james bond heyday thing, hard days night is second, but it's kinda like a docudrama, really...my 4 year old loves yellow sub....we've seen it a million times lately, he acts out the parts with me...he's so cute....let it be is like watching divorce court
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2004, 10:32:49 PM »

Help has that colourful sixties tinge to it, and obviously the budget has been upped,  with flash effects and a wide-range of settings.
 The Beatles didnt care much for the script or making a film, and were seasoned pot-heads by the time of filming. Although this attitude comes across strongly, I still think there are good moments...but compared to A Hard Days Night....it just looks like another Pine-Wood Studio's throw-away.
  A Hard Days Night (apart from being in Black & White..a huge cult/cool factor) the script, settings, and stereotyped roles are all balanced with a fantastic soundtrack. Its moulded a perfect semi-fictional/realistic portrayal of the Beatles as a group and individuals, and has more of a northern theme running throughout.

Saying that, Magical Mystery Tour is good for what it is, and although some scenes are just too surreal to be classed as entertainment, its a great chapter in the Beatles Career.

Yellow Submarine (considering the Beatles input..is nearly zilch) has a clever and witty script, a very styled dark approach to animation and just some original creations. I really wouldnt say this film is aimed at children.

Hard Days Night gets the Vote.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2004, 12:53:16 AM »

my favortie is Help! still that movie rocks!! \m/

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2004, 07:29:03 AM »

[quote by=Fool_on_the_Hill link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1078978727,s=12 date=1079787514]Didn't AHDN won an Oscar?[/quote]

good question  :) did it?

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2004, 04:47:49 AM »

i gues no one knows...

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2004, 10:02:10 AM »

No only Let it Be won a oscar

April 15th 1971
The Beatles ,though no longer a recording/performing act, receive an Oscar for "Best Original Song Score" for the music in their movie "Let It Be".

good question

One should actually know that as a fan.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2004, 12:42:36 PM »

It's very difficult to decide ona  single film, becasue for me AHDN and Help are both great!! I've chosen Help becasue it's in colour and JOHN is soooo gorgeous. I love seeing him wearing jeans. Mmmm.

AHDN was nominated for an oscar but didn't win it. I think Mary Poppins did. Well, I'm not sure about that, I just know that it was nominated but didn't win the Oscar in the end.
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2004, 01:04:54 PM »

1964-A Hard Day's Night nominated was for:

Nominated for Alun Owen (film script original)
Nominated for George Martin (treatment of music)

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2004, 05:49:11 PM »

I think Hard Days Night is better, because of the Black & White (cheap Budget) decision.
Just has that defined characteristic, an instant cult recognition.
Plus, I love the Script.

The Yellow Submarine Film I always feel is Underated.
Its a Pyschedelic Masterpiece, updating Alice In Wonderland, into a 20th Century conception..one that is alot more darker..and 'fab' :)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

Quote from: 158

The Yellow Submarine Film I always feel is Underated.
Its a Pyschedelic Masterpiece, updating Alice In Wonderland, into a 20th Century conception..one that is alot more darker..and 'fab' :)

And it's a good way of getting the kids into the Beatles.  :)
All You Need Is LOVE!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »

It is a nursery school tradition of all the kids shouting "we all live in a Yellow Submarine"

God bless Ringo.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2006, 06:03:05 AM »

A Hard Day's Night

Richard Lester was just so innovative!  I saw the movie when it was released.  Nothing like it ever existed before.
I can stay till it's time to go

BlueMeanie

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »

Quote from: Child_Robbery
No only Let it Be won a oscar

April 15th 1971
The Beatles ,though no longer a recording/performing act, receive an Oscar for "Best Original Song Score" for the music in their movie "Let It Be".

Kind of ironic that ;D

The BlueMeanie vote goes to...

A Hard Days Night. Has to really. Wonderful movie, brilliantly directed. An historical period piece.

Also always had a soft spot for MMT. I remember watching it on telly the first time it was shown. I was 9 I think.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2007, 08:00:26 AM »

A Hard Day's Night baffled me the first time I saw it. The accents, the slang, the cultural differences from America-- it was hard for me to get. But I studied LONG and HARD [size=9]study study study [/size]which was grueling but I somehow managed it with the four Beatles running around being adorable. Then I decreed it the bestest of movies and still do.

Help I immediately liked on first viewing, except for the fact that they were all stoned. I just hated those red, puffy eyes. I wish they'd stayed on pills! They were much more up when they were wired. Also, they were working hard in HDN, clearly trying to make a good film, whereas in Help they were coasting. I still enjoy Help, and it's got some great scenes and songs. But it falls second to HDN.

YS can't compete simply because it's not the guys, although I agree it's a classic in its own right and has some terrific, creative moments.

I've never seen MMT, except for a few scenes that people have posted on YouTube. I'm afraid I'm not any more fond of LSD than I am of pot affecting the Beatles' acting. Where are the German waiters with the prellies when you need them? Send them to England, fast!  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »

Quote from: 158
God bless Ringo.
did he sneeze?  ;D But umm, there are some days where i prefer Help! and some where i prefer AHDN but i suppose if i need to pick one i'll go for Help since it has more of a story and its in colour

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 05:18:54 PM »

Help!!! It's hilarious with the pub scene!!!!!!!! ;D

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »

^That's a great scene. I love it when the entire city bursts into Beethoven's 9th to save Ringo from the tiger.  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 91 queries.