Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Inauguration Day  (Read 6292 times)

Bobber

Re: Inauguration Day
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 09:23:13 PM »

I understand the historical relevance of this day, no doubt about that. But I mean, so far the man hasn't done much yet. Still there's millions who believe he can make a change to the USA and the world. It's an interesting study for a psychology student to find out how that's possible. Sure, people have hope, but there seems to be something more here. That's why I said that I hope he can stand up to the expectations.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »

I watched the coverage and enjoyed it , don't think i've watched one before .
Will the guy who fluffed the swearing in oath get into trouble ? 1929 since someone got the words wrong (blush2)
Thought Obama's speach was measured and thoughtful .
And i really liked Elizabeth Alexandra's poem lovely words and i noticed the "Brick by Brick" phrase that Omama uesd when he won , is she a famous American Poet ?
Michelle looked lovely in that gold/Yellow outfit , she very attractive first First Lady ive fancied the bloke did well for himself on that front shows good judgement (thumbsup)
Now the hard work starts , i wish him luck (smile)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »

I watched it at school. After he was sworn in, we all clapped. That's the extent of my celelbration.

P.S. Sandra, I love your new sig! David Gilmour adds a nice touch. ;)
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 12:31:48 AM »

I saw how he and the wife walked down Washington DC. A great day for America indeed.  8)
In the papers we had the menu for the day and how many balls the Obamas are having and attending!
All the good luck to Mr President!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 01:07:26 AM »

My entire school freaked out. They put TVs in a bunch of rooms, and one of my classes broke into a room with a TV that was set up. When Obama was saying the oath, me and half of my French class stood.

We have this huge room that's big enough to fit about 100 people, and there was a TV in there, but it was tiny and everyone was crowded there.
There were TVs already in the classrooms, but some didn't get cable, so they couldn't watch.
And then they had a TV in the cafeteria, but they tried hooking up our microphone system to the TV speakers, and it failed.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 01:32:01 AM »

now the healing can begin?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51:30 AM »

Quote from: 63
I understand the historical relevance of this day, no doubt about that. But I mean, so far the man hasn't done much yet. Still there's millions who believe he can make a change to the USA and the world. It's an interesting study for a psychology student to find out how that's possible. Sure, people have hope, but there seems to be something more here. That's why I said that I hope he can stand up to the expectations.

I think this is a bit like when Kennedy was elected. Not that I was alive, but apparently there was a different feeling to it because of his youth and ability to speak to the people. He was also the first Irish president, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it! Anyway, this is just like a big sigh of relief after those eight years of misery. On top of that, Obama is young, well spoken, and AFRICAN AMERICAN. That's a big step for us. Obviously. So we're celebrating you know. Reality will set in soon enough.

South Park recently did an episode addressing this. Pretty funny and right on the mark.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 01:52:26 AM »

Quote from: 1657
P.S. Sandra, I love your new sig! David Gilmour adds a nice touch. ;)

I had to get him in there. I love that pic!  :X

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 01:53:16 AM »

My brother in law was at the Inaugration. Pretty cool  :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 02:06:36 AM »

I am just very happy today because GW Bush is finally gone.  I never respected or trusted him, not even from the start.  It's been a painful, divisive, and embarrassing eight years for the US, and seeing Bush leave office feels like a happy divorce from a very unhappy marriage (to paraphrase a news article I read).  Sort of how Macca must've felt when he finally dumped Heather Mills!   ;D

I wish President Obama the best of luck.  He seems like a very intelligent, thoughtful, and hard-working man, and--unlike Bush--I deeply appreciate his excellent command of the English language!   :P ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:41 AM »

Senator Kennedy had a seizure at the inauguration. Anyone hear about that? Apparently he's okay though. I have mixed feelings about that guy, but still hope he pulls through.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »

And Cheney didn't make it out the door on his feet either did he? Trying to steal the new presidents thunder like that...I don't know. heheh

Let's see what the power of thought can do. Many minds together can achieve great things. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

popaloptop

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »

Quote from: 216
Senator Kennedy had a seizure at the inauguration. Anyone hear about that? Apparently he's okay though. I have mixed feelings about that guy, but still hope he pulls through.

I heard. He will probably not make it for long, though. With his age and health, the brain tumor is most likely what's going to end his life... Within the next couple of years. But miracles do exist!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »

Quote from: 1277

I heard. He will probably not make it for long, though. With his age and health, the brain tumor is most likely what's going to end his life... Within the next couple of years. But miracles do exist!

He's lasted pretty long for a Kennedy. His karma must be catching up to him.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 73 queries.