Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A VERY interesting article about Paul... perhaps a bit too interesting.  (Read 17604 times)

Tamara

• A Beginning
Re: A VERY interesting article about Paul... perhaps a bit too interesting.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 02:51:46 PM »

I wonder why they got engaged?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »

I wonder why they got engaged?

I've seen it happen before. When a relationship is collapsing I know people who've got engaged becaused they thought the comitment would fix things. Rather than a declaration of love it was a last desperate throw of the dice.
don't follow leaders

maywitch

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 09:27:07 PM »

We know Paul was unfaithful, and Beatle or not kind of makes him a jerk (as most men are), and we have no evidence that Jane was.

If you have another boyfriend, then you are being unfaithful, she'd had another boyfriend, so she was unfaithful too.  Again, obviously he was MUCH more unfaithful but I think she was too and I think it's actually quite likely it was just being confronted face to face with Paul's infidelity(apparently), as opposed to just hearing about it and seeing a picture, that caused the final break up.  I mean she obviously knew well before they broke up - there are actually pictures of him with other girls on vacations and things like that, so unless she was living 24 hours a day with her head in the sand she knew and she chose not to break up with him over that for quite a while. 

It could not even be that, she may have just decided she wanted to break up and the infidelity really had little to do with it, it was a just convenient reason.  Like he said sometimes you really click and sometimes you don't.  Sometimes it's just convenient or interesting and so you stay together and go through the motions.  She never let going out with him crimp her style, she worked when and where she wanted, did what she wanted, so it's not like she was sacrificing much by being his girlfriend during those years.

Here There Everywhere

• A Beginning
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 11:18:46 AM »

This article changed my whole view of Paul.. :(

1) I lost ALL MY.. no. A bit of respect for him :)
2) but he's still a BEAST :D :D :D :D
3) I like Linda a bit more
4) I think Jane was right to call off her engagement.

Ohwell.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

Here's my thoughts on it. What's 3 minutes of orgasm compared to the 30 years+ of love he gave to Linda? Sure this is more talking about the time with Jane, and such infidelity isn't uncommon for actors or musicians or sports figures, but they weren't even married. Engaged, for a while, but not married. It was still an a**hole thing to do, but it was a little different since they weren't married. Some people might not agree with me, but to each his own.

At least he didn't abuse her.

lennonista

• One And One Is Two
  • ¡Viva la revolución!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 04:40:42 AM »

What's 3 minutes of orgasm compared to the 30 years+ of love

Damn! A 3-minute orgasm?! No wonder Paulie was so popular!  :-*

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 04:50:02 AM »

infidelity isn't uncommon for actors or musicians or sports figures, but they weren't even married. Engaged, for a while, but not married. It was still an a**hole thing to do, but it was a little different since they weren't married.

I still think it's a sh*tty thing to cheat on anyone as long as you've agreed to be in a committed relationship. If I had a boyfriend or fiance who cheated on me, I would be ridiculously p*ssed off. That said, though, I really do believe Paul was a very good husband to Linda.

ROTFL... WHOA, Paul. I always knew he was special for some reason!! ha2ha ha2ha ha2ha

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 09:32:06 PM »

Hahaha! I was going with the whole "3"s thing, ya know? ha2ha

I still think it's a sh*tty thing to cheat on anyone as long as you've agreed to be in a committed relationship. If I had a boyfriend or fiance who cheated on me, I would be ridiculously p*ssed off. That said, though, I really do believe Paul was a very good husband to Linda.

Yeah, but (unless your really lucky) you don't have a famous boyfriend who has women literally throwing themselves at him. If he was smart, during Beatlemania he wouldn't have had a very committed relationship, knowing women would be all over him. Didn't Brian even tell them they shouldn't have girlfriends?

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram

Ok, this topic hasn't been talked about in awhile, but I just read the article and am wondering if anybody else caught this. I don't know if it's just a typo or if I read something wrong or what, but the first paragraph that begins with "One spring afternoon in 1989..." has an impossible situation. It says that a woman in her mid-20s rushed after Paul trying to get his attention in 1989, and that she might have had a fling with him during the Rubber Soul recording sessions. I don't understand how this could be possible, unless she was like a newborn baby or young child at the time of the fling!  ??? I guess it's not really important, but makes me wonder about some of the accuracy in the article (although I don't really doubt most of it!)  :)
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio

Perhaps the woman who tracked him down was claiming to be his daughter. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 63 queries.