Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Yesterday & Today Butcher Cover  (Read 27902 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Yesterday & Today Butcher Cover
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »

Poor old lady! I'm gonna go for the obvious Lennon lyric quote now:

Instant karmas gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Everyone you meet!

BTW, I'd probably do the same. Only I wouldn't want to sell it so really, she'd be getting a bargain. But then if I wasn't planning on selling it for profit, would I then be justified in my purchase? Again, hmmm...
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »

You could always give her $1 for it, then befriend her for the rest of her life. You know, fetch the groceries, clean the house, bed baths etc. :-/

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »

Quote from: 216
Poor old lady!

I'd buy her a house. Not on my island, though.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 12:17:28 AM »

I would have to tell her... There is no way I could sleep at night knowing I cheated an old lady out of money like that. HOWEVER, if I saw it at a store and the people selling it didn't know what it was worth (I would have to assume that would be the case), i am sad to say but I think I would just not say anything  :o Yes I know I am a horrible person!!!!
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 12:28:01 AM »

Quote from: 1204
I would have to tell her... There is no way I could sleep at night knowing I cheated an old lady out of money like that. HOWEVER, if I saw it at a store and the people selling it didn't know what it was worth (I would have to assume that would be the case), i am sad to say but I think I would just not say anything  :o Yes I know I am a horrible person!!!!
^^^^^^^^No, Heather.  You are not horrible.  If the little old lady was really in need, and I do check around at places and garage sales just to see "what's up"............if she was selling her stuff to pay bills and expensive meds, which I know alot of the "seniors" have, I would call her aside, and tell her what this album is and it's possible worth.  Then I would have it appraised for her and if it's worth "thousands and thousands", I would ask her if she would like me to sell it for her on ebay.  And I would do that..............even if the album brought over 25 grand.  I have a soul and feelings for the elderly, especially the ones in need.  I am a good "Samaritan".  All I'd ask is a couple of hundred bucks from the sale.....kind of a "finder's fee", and that's it.  Now................on the other hand..............if an "idiot" had it at "bargain basement" near to nothing price in a collector's store/record store, whatever....and he/she didn't know WHAT they had, I'd pay the buck or two for it and laugh all the way out the door!!!!!  I did JUST THAT in Dallas, TX, back in the late 80's when I bought an ultra rare Pink Floyd set for a small "fraction" of the price.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 12:32:03 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^On a footnote..............the Pink Floyd set was a 12 multi-colored vinyl set of "boots and outtakes" and was selling in Goldmine for $350+.............I got it for only $50!!!!  I think they marked it wrong, because my girlfriend with me was just about "dragging" me out the door so they wouldn't catch on................

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 01:00:11 AM »

^^^^ Thanks! I don't feel as bad!  I do have a soft spot for the elderly also.  In this day and age, people just don't have the same amount of respect for elders anymore.  And the economy the way it is, it is very hard for many of them to make it and still live comfortable.  

But as for businesses, for some reason, I just don't feel as bad for them.  I don't know why.  Maybe because half the time most of them are ripping you off anyways (this goes more towards the bigger corporations, not the mom & pop shops).
<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:18 AM »

Quote from: 1255
my girlfriend with me was just about "dragging" me out the door so they wouldn't catch on................

Exactly: I remember driving up Yonge Street with that copy of The Decca Tapes I mentioned above, still cackling about it when I got to my turnoff at St. Clair Avenue.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:02 AM »

Exactly Heather.  You and me are on the same "wave length".  I hate to see seniors get ripped off by all the drug companies and charge just too incredibly outragous prices on drugs.  My dad is ex-military and has the best insurance on the face of the earth for him and my mom.  100% hospital stays and surgeries paid for and the majority of his meds are free.  But some are not as lucky as they are.  Dad had open-heart surgery in November, '06, stayed in the hospital for 5 weeks.  His insurance paid for it all.
Now...............back to the original subject.......................
Store owners want to rip you off.  So I don't mind "ripping" them off..............

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »

Quote from: 1161
I've always been more interested in the music itself rather than memorabilia; it's when a bootleg of new material comes out that I show up.  

yep, that sounds like me! i do own memorabillia, but it has always been given to me by people.
i'm just really hooked on Beatles Bootlegs and rare films. it is the music after all that started me
off off.  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 02:49:12 PM »

I adore the music, too.  But the only memorabilla I collect is the Beatle Book Monthlys, the official fan mag of the Boys.  And I've got all of them, so I'm pretty darn happy.  But I like my rare Beatles videoes, too.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 03:10:04 PM »

Quote from: 614
yep, that sounds like me! i do own memorabillia, but it has always been given to me by people.
i'm just really hooked on Beatles Bootlegs and rare films. it is the music after all that started me
off off.  :)

I should probably admit that I'm even more obsessive about bootlegs than other collectors are about memorabilia; when you find yourself thinking that there's some merit in replacing your 76 disc Day By Day set with the 83 disc A / B Road series because it's got an extra seven discs of Get Back material, it's probably time to fit yourself out with a straitjacket and throw yourself over the fence of the nearest asylum.  ;D

madman

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »

I should probably admit that I'm even more obsessive about bootlegs than other collectors are about memorabilia; when you find yourself thinking that there's some merit in replacing your 76 disc Day By Day set with the 83 disc A / B Road series because it's got an extra seven discs of Get Back material, it's probably time to fit yourself out with a straitjacket and throw yourself over the fence of the nearest asylum.  ;D

I've done the same thing (I don't have the 76 disc Day By Day set, but I do have the A/B Road set).  You'll get a one way ticket to the asylum only if you listen to all 83 discs at once!  :)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 03:43:13 PM »

Don't do that, I'll just open the gates for you from the inside! They put me away after I spent months searching for Rory Storm & The Hurricanes recordings!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »

Oh man............you two have got it bad!!!!

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »

I've got a sticker on my guitar case with the butcher cover photo on, doesn't really count does it? But it's about as close as I'm gonna get!     (crosseyed3)
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 05:05:17 AM »

Quote from: 483
They put me away after I spent months searching for Rory Storm & The Hurricanes recordings!

That one blew me away: I had no idea such a thing existed.  :)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 09:04:24 AM »

That one blew me away: I had no idea such a thing existed.  :)

Check the bootleg forum:

http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/v-post/b-bootlegs_related/m-/post-1/

Bobber

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »

Quote from: 483

They put me away after I spent months searching for Rory Storm & The Hurricanes recordings!

All you had to do was ask.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »

Quote from: 63

All you had to do was ask.

Actually I was joking. It was you that originally provided it it.  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 81 queries.