Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: i dont wanna face it lyrics analized!  (Read 6133 times)

i dont wanna face it lyrics analized!
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:36:15 AM »

i have analized the lyrics to johns song 'i dont wanna face it', that appeared on 'milk and honey'...it reflects on how he wants to get out of new york city, and how sick he was of paul, and his beatle past.

' i dont wanna face it'

(verse)-- 'say youre looking for a place to go where no body knows your name!
              (he's trying to get out of new york city, and from his beatles past.)
(verse)-- 'youre looking for oblivion with one eye on the hall of fame
              (he wants know one to know who he is, but is also keeping his eye on his musical carrerr).
(CHORUS)--i dont wanna face it x2 (means he cant face it anymore)

(bridge)--well i can dish it out, but i just cant face it.

(verse)-- 'say youre looking for some peace and love, the leader of a big old band'
              (reflects on his 'peace and love' period, and talks about how he was the leader of the beatles)
(verse)-- 'you wanna save humanity, but theres people that you just cant stand(talks about his hatered for paul).

chorus
(bridge)-- 'well i can sing for my supper...but i just cant make it.
                (he's saying uhe can sing for his suppper, but cn make it)

guitar solo

(verse)-- 'well now! youre looking for a world of truth, trying to find a better way
               (he's trying to make the world a better place)
(verse)-- 'the time has come to see youreself, you always look the other way
              (in an interview on dec 8th john said 'this is the first album thats actually about us', so when john sings 'you always look the other way', he means he should start focusing on this 'family' album.)

chorus

(bridge)-- ' well i can see the promised land, and i know i can make it
                 (what he's saying is that his life is getting better, and he's more optimistic).

chorus
                                            guitar solo

outro

so wadda ya think?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: i dont wanna face it lyrics analized!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:59:54 PM »

Umm, the line: 'say youre looking for a place to go where no body knows your name' if it is about NY, is probably the place he found where people DON'T bother him. He said he could walk around and not be that bothered. In New York City, people go about their own business. It's a place famous people can go to and not worry about mobs.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 06:05:03 AM »

Rubbish. He didn't hate Paul and if there's one city on the planet where you can be anonymous, its NYC. You're entitled to your interpretation.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 11:46:50 AM »

he did hate paul...i have reliable sources, and witnesses, that say when paul arrived at johns house in new york city, john told him to 'f*** off'.also have you ever heard the song 'im stepping out'?

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 08:19:39 PM »

Quote from: lennonlegend
he did hate paul...i have reliable sources, and witnesses, that say when paul arrived at johns house in new york city, john told him to 'f*** off'.also have you ever heard the song 'im stepping out'?

Wasn't that the song about him getting a new pair of sneakers? No. Wait. He was a closet f** and he was stepping out of the closet and showing the world he was gay.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 08:32:26 PM »

He didn't tell Paul to f-off when he arrived at his apartment. He told him to call him up before he came over because of the baby. He WAS a househusband by then and Paul was desperatly trying to get him to write with him again. I have never read or heard of anytime where John said he hated Paul. I have however read or heard him saying that he loved him, despite what went on. ANYWAY, here's the quote from the 1980 Playboy article. Which is turning out to be my bible! ;D

PLAYBOY: Aside from the millions you've been offered for a reunion concert, how did you feel about producer Lorne Michaels' generous offer of $3200 for appearing together on "Saturday Night Live" a few years ago?

LENNON: Oh, yeah. Paul and I were together watching that show. He was visiting us at our place in the Dakota. We were watching it and almost went down to the studio, just as a gag. We nearly got into a cab, but we were actually too tired.

LENNON: That was a period when Paul just kept turning up at our door with a guitar. I would let him in, but finally I said to him, "Please call before you come over. It's not 1956 and turning up at the door isn't the same anymore. You know, just give me a ring." He was upset by that, but I didn't mean it badly. I just meant that I was taking care of a baby all day and some guy turns up at the door. . . . But, anyway, back on that night, he and Linda walked in and he and I were just sitting there, watching the show, and we went, "Ha-ha, wouldn't it be funny if we went down?" but we didn't.

PLAYBOY: Was that the last time you saw Paul?

LENNON: Yes, but I didn't mean it like that.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 09:58:19 PM »

huum well in the book 'nowhere man'(which are a sort of transcription of john diaries from 1980), it sais, that:                                                                                                                 ''JOHN:'paul kept turning up at his door, guitar in hand, and bright faced...at first he enjoyed the company, but after a while he got tired of paul, just turning up, and constantly asking for beatles renunions, so confronted him and said 'you know its not like were 17 anymore, you cant just turn up, i have things to do''
PAUL: are you telling me to f*** off?
JOHN:'if thats the way you want to put it then yes f*** off.

paul storms off.

so THERE WE GO...it also sais that the lines in 'i dont wanna face it', were written about paul, and was written after that incident occoured.and basickly hes saying'i dont wanna face paul, i dont wanna face a beatles renion, and i dont wanna face pauls music. 8)i REST MY CASE!

u guys just cant accept that in his last years he hated paul

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 10:01:08 PM »

he was jealous of paul, paul had so many hit records back, then, and also john wrote in his diaries that when paul started his world tour , in japan, and found out that he was staying in the hotel john usually stayed in, he was gutted, and was convinced he would ruin his hotel karma...so apparently he yoko to do some magic, and put a bad curse on paul in japan, and sure enough less than a week later, paul got busted for pot.

thats how much he hated him.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 11:00:58 PM »

That's so bad, its rich.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 04:22:58 AM »

Ugh, so his words in the Playboy interview mean nothing? He said he didn't MEAN it that way. Everyone has their moments of annoyance at an old friend. If you believe John hated Paul, then you really don't know much about John. He may have had a time when he was sick of him, but hatred is a very strong word. I believe he loved all of those guys, but was trying to seperate himself from being a Beatle. Which included separating himself from them. He and Paul had many phone chats before his death. They were getting on again rather well. Enough for John to finally say that making music with them again wasn't completely out of the question. I watched these interviews when they happened. It's not just hear say from some book. It's right out of the horses mouth.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 09:21:33 AM »

ONO: Even now, I just read that Paul said, "I understand that he wants to be with her, but why does he have to be with her all the time?"

LENNON: Yoko, do you still have to carry that cross? That was years ago.

If John hated Paul, why would he bother defending him in an interview just before his death? Moreover, he was pretty much telling the Ocean Child from Hell to shut up about it, which took some balls given the fact that they were talking about Paul.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 10:09:46 AM »

oh yeh, he mentions that in 'im losing you'...'but do you still have to carry the cross'..

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 05:19:38 PM »

That was more in reference to the problems they were having during the 'lost weekend' period.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 05:49:11 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Ocean Child from Hell

Nice!

he did hate paul...i have reliable sources, and witnesses

Can we have this list please? I'm just curious as to who's leading you astray on this whole topic.

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 08:08:39 PM »

well for a start john, and paul...john admitted to this conversation in his diaries...and aslo yoko, and the servents who were around the dakota house

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 09:42:06 PM »

These are your reliable sources and witnesses? From diaries that were stolen, fabricated and published? You've got to do better than that. I have a feeling we're dealing with a pretty young kid here.

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 12:03:06 PM »

everyone knows he didnt like paul in his last years!ok, so yeh, he was begining to like paul again towards the time of hid death...but thats my theory on what the song ' i dont wanna face it', and thats what the book 'nowhere man', says its about...and i believe it!

and btw, no im not a very young kid.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 05:27:47 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
These are your reliable sources and witnesses? From diaries that were stolen, fabricated and published?

Yeah...it might sound reliable, transcriptions of Lennon's diary -- TRANSCRIPTIONS. The authors could've slipped in anything to, y'know, 'stir the pot' among the fans.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 07:37:16 PM »

yeh, but the diaries have been returned to yoko-they werent stolen anyway

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 11:15:14 PM »

yeh, but the diaries have been returned to yoko-they werent stolen anyway

There was a huge controversy about those diaries about 2 years ago. Fred Seaman took some and there was some other guy.  Don't believe everything you read. If you want sensational bullsh*t, read Goldman's book, that should be right up your alley.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 78 queries.