Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The little things  (Read 2084 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
The little things
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »

Do you ever regret not doing the little things sometimes? Last night we had a huge storm and it knocked the electric out. So this morning, I hooked up the generator to the house and all was good. Well around noon, the electric came back on, so I just shut the generator off and unhooked it before I came to work. Wouldnt you know that the electric is off again, so my wife calls and asks me what she has to do to get the generator going again. I honestly would have better luck trying to talk somebody through brain surgery and we're only at the stage of her putting gas into the damn thing. You cant buy normal gas cans anymore it seems. I have one with a normal nozzle, but of course that ones empty. The other gas cans have a nozzle in which you have to push them in while your pouring the gas for it to come out. Of course she's struggling.

Why didnt I just fill it up and leave it hooked up? The little things I tell ya.

KelMar

Re: The little things
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

Do you ever regret not doing the little things sometimes? Last night we had a huge storm and it knocked the electric out. So this morning, I hooked up the generator to the house and all was good. Well around noon, the electric came back on, so I just shut the generator off and unhooked it before I came to work. Wouldnt you know that the electric is off again, so my wife calls and asks me what she has to do to get the generator going again. I honestly would have better luck trying to talk somebody through brain surgery and we're only at the stage of her putting gas into the damn thing. You cant buy normal gas cans anymore it seems. I have one with a normal nozzle, but of course that ones empty. The other gas cans have a nozzle in which you have to push them in while your pouring the gas for it to come out. Of course she's struggling.

Why didnt I just fill it up and leave it hooked up? The little things I tell ya.

I could definitely see this scenario playing out here Todd. I know we have a nice generator and I know that the cord is supposed to come in through the basement window and be plugged into a panel and that a lot of things will work. I have no idea how to make that happen though!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »

I know that the cord is supposed to come in through the basement window and be plugged into a panel and that a lot of things will work. I have no idea how to make that happen though!

The cord is supposed to...

The Beatles - She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (2009 Stereo Remaster)

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »

I meant to post this earlier....Todd, your post made me think of the time our power was out and my husband was trying to explain to me, over the phone from 50 miles away, how to get the kerosene heater started. It was not a pretty picture.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »

After the Ice Storm 2008 I made sure I could have heat with no electricity so that's when I bought my woodstove. I also found a bunch of oil lamps at a yard sale, brand new in the boxes. I also keep a full bottle of gas in case I need to use the grill.
I like the KISS principle!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »

I could definitely see this scenario playing out here Todd. I know we have a nice generator and I know that the cord is supposed to come in through the basement window and be plugged into a panel and that a lot of things will work. I have no idea how to make that happen though!

Speaking of chords, you would thought she was having a baby trying to pull start this one.  ha2ha  Its really not that hard.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »

I meant to post this earlier....Todd, your post made me think of the time our power was out and my husband was trying to explain to me, over the phone from 50 miles away, how to get the kerosene heater started. It was not a pretty picture.

Lol. I laugh, but it works both ways. She bought a washing machine that has more buttons on it then the space shuttle. She tried to teach me how to wash clothes on it and I just kept shaking my head like I understood. I'm not allowed to do laundry anymore to say the least.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »

Speaking of chords, you would thought she was having a baby trying to pull start this one.  ha2ha  Its really not that hard
Well, some of us girls ain't that good with electric stuff. I remember my ex (who is an engineer) would get so annoyed with me when explaining to me how to fix my car. Needless to say I felt so stupid! I wish I was good at those car/home appliance stuff things

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Page created in 0.453 seconds with 57 queries.